Assuming a basic knowledge and understanding of your organisation’s incident response plan, this course is ideally suited to those responsible for decision making, management planning or responding to a cyber event involving an attack or breach of a computer network. The course will detail how effective the response plan is with regard to a real-world attack or data breach.
This course is theory-based with group discussions. Time permitting, a demonstration of 7Safe’s STOMP
Ransomware challenge will be made available to delegates wishing to participate and understand real-world technical challenges involved in responding effectively and swiftly to a cyber event.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
This course will give you:
- An understanding of the importance of an effective incident response plan
- The ability to appreciate and evaluate risks to your organisation’s data based on your incident response plan
- An understanding of the principles of preparing and responding to a cyber event
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone involved in any management aspect of preparing for or managing a cyber security event
For a course with more hands-on technical content, delegates should consider 7Safe’s CSIR course.
- No CSIR technical knowledge is needed but an understanding of the requirements for information security is essential
- We recommend you refresh your knowledge and understanding of your organisation’s incident response plan
Delegates will learn how to
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- You will understand the importance of cyber security frameworks
- You will gain insight as to why an effective and robust incident response plan is necessary in today’s interconnected world
- You will find out how organisations become exposed to certain attacks or breaches and what can be done to mitigate this
- You will learn about employee security lapses and the importance of education programmes
- You will have the chance of stopping a Ransomware attack and understand some of the methods such malware uses to obfuscate and prevent removal
1. The Threat
2. Cyber Frameworks
3. Incident response plans including:
4. Responding to an event
5. Education and training
6. STOMP challenge
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.