Assuming a basic knowledge and understanding of your organisation’s incident response plan, this course is ideally suited to those responsible for decision making, management planning or responding to a cyber event involving an attack or breach of a computer network. The course will detail how effective the response plan is with regard to a real-world attack or data breach.
This course is theory-based with group discussions. Time permitting, a demonstration of 7Safe’s STOMP
Ransomware challenge will be made available to delegates wishing to participate and understand real-world technical challenges involved in responding effectively and swiftly to a cyber event.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
This course will give you:
- An understanding of the importance of an effective incident response plan
- The ability to appreciate and evaluate risks to your organisation’s data based on your incident response plan
- An understanding of the principles of preparing and responding to a cyber event
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone involved in any management aspect of preparing for or managing a cyber security event
For a course with more hands-on technical content, delegates should consider 7Safe’s CSIR course.
- No CSIR technical knowledge is needed but an understanding of the requirements for information security is essential
- We recommend you refresh your knowledge and understanding of your organisation’s incident response plan
Delegates will learn how to
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- You will understand the importance of cyber security frameworks
- You will gain insight as to why an effective and robust incident response plan is necessary in today’s interconnected world
- You will find out how organisations become exposed to certain attacks or breaches and what can be done to mitigate this
- You will learn about employee security lapses and the importance of education programmes
- You will have the chance of stopping a Ransomware attack and understand some of the methods such malware uses to obfuscate and prevent removal
1. The Threat
2. Cyber Frameworks
3. Incident response plans including:
4. Responding to an event
5. Education and training
6. STOMP challenge