- This course is three days of instructor-led training that will help you to:
- Differentiate the architecture and components of the Cortex XDR family
- Describe Cortex, Cortex Data Lake, the Customer Support Portal, and the hub
- Activate Cortex XDR, deploy the agents, and work with the management console
- Work with the Cortex XDR management console, describe a typical management page, and work with the tables and filters
- Create Cortex XDR agent installation packages, endpoint groups, policies, and profiles
- Create and manage exploit and malware profiles, and perform response actions
- Describe detection challenges with behavioral threats
- Differentiate the Cortex XDR rules BIOC and IOC, and create and manage them
- Describe the Cortex XDR causality analysis and analytics concepts
- Triage and investigate alerts and incidents, and create alert starring and exclusion policies
- Work with the Causality and Timeline Views and investigate threats in the Query Center
The technical curriculum developed and authorized by Palo Alto Networks and delivered by Palo Alto Networks Authorized Training Partners helps provide the knowledge and expertise that prepare you to protect our digital way of life. Our trusted certifications validate your knowledge of the Palo Alto Networks product portfolio and your ability to help prevent successful cyberattacks and safely enable applications.
Participants must be familiar with enterprise security concepts.
Delegates will learn how to
- Successful completion of this instructor-led course with hands-on lab activities should enhance the studentâ€™s understanding of:
- How to activate a Cortex XDR instance
- Create agent installation packages to install the Cortex XDR agents
- Create security policies and profiles to protect endpoints against multi-stage, fileless attacks built using malware and exploits; respond to attacks using response actions
- Understand behavioral threat analysis, log stitching, agent-provided enhanced endpoint data, and causality analysis
- Investigate and triage attacks using the incident management page of Cortex XDR and analyze alerts using the Causality and Timeline analysis views; use API to insert alerts
- Create BIOC rules
- Search a lead in raw data sets in Cortex Data Lake using Cortex XDR Query Builder
- Cortex XDR Family Overview
- Working with the Cortex Apps
- Getting Started with Endpoint Protection
- Malware Protection
- Exploit Protection
- Exceptions and Response Actions
- Behavioral Threat Analysis
- Cortex XDR Rules
- Incident Management
- Alert Analysis Views
- Search and Investigate
- Basic Troubleshooting
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.