Special NoticesIf both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
This course offers hands-on experience with Spring and its major features, including configuration, data access, web and REST applications, Spring Boot, Spring Security and using Spring Cloud to build a small microservices application. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise-ready applications. This course prepares students for the Spring Professional certification exam. Certification exams are sold separately.
Good understanding of web-application development using Java, an IDE (Eclipse, STS or IntelliJ) and a Servlet engine such as Tomcat or Jetty, specific Java concepts (annotations and lambdas) and dependency management using Maven or Gradle.
Who should attend
Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring and Spring Boot with hands-on experience and a focus on fundamentals.
Delegates will learn how to
- Spring configuration using Java Configuration and Annotations
- Aspect oriented programming with Spring
- Testing Spring applications using JUnit 5
- Spring Data Access - JDBC, JPA and Spring Data
- Spring Transaction Management
- Simplifying applications with Spring Boot
- Spring Boot auto-configuration, starters and properties
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot, embedded Web Server and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Implementing REST with Spring MVC and RestTemplate
- Spring Security
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities using Spring Boot actuator
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing
- Introduction to Spring
- Spring Java Configuration: A Deeper Look
- Annotation-Based Dependency Injection
- Factory Pattern in Spring
- Advanced Spring: How Does Spring Work Internally?
- Aspect-Oriented Programming
- Testing A Spring-Based Application
- Data Access And JDBC With Spring
- Database Transactions With Spring
- Spring Boot Introduction
- Spring Boot Dependencies, Auto-Configuration And Runtime
- Jpa With Spring And Spring Data
- Spring MVC Architecture And Overview
- Rest With Spring MVC
- Spring Security
- Actuators, Metrics And Health Indicators
- Spring Boot Testing Enhancements