This course offers hands-on experience with Spring and its major features, including configuration, data access, web and REST applications, Spring Boot, Spring Security and using Spring Cloud to build a small microservices application. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise-ready applications. This course prepares students for the Spring Professional certification exam. Certification exams are sold separately.
Good understanding of web-application development using Java, an IDE (Eclipse, STS or IntelliJ) and a Servlet engine such as Tomcat or Jetty, specific Java concepts (annotations and lambdas) and dependency management using Maven or Gradle.
Who should attend
Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring and Spring Boot with hands-on experience and a focus on fundamentals.
Delegates will learn how to
- Spring configuration using Java Configuration and Annotations
- Aspect oriented programming with Spring
- Testing Spring applications using JUnit 5
- Spring Data Access - JDBC, JPA and Spring Data
- Spring Transaction Management
- Simplifying applications with Spring Boot
- Spring Boot auto-configuration, starters and properties
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot, embedded Web Server and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Implementing REST with Spring MVC and RestTemplate
- Spring Security
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities using Spring Boot actuator
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing
- Introduction to Spring
- Spring Java Configuration: A Deeper Look
- Annotation-Based Dependency Injection
- Factory Pattern in Spring
- Advanced Spring: How Does Spring Work Internally?
- Aspect-Oriented Programming
- Testing A Spring-Based Application
- Data Access And JDBC With Spring
- Database Transactions With Spring
- Spring Boot Introduction
- Spring Boot Dependencies, Auto-Configuration And Runtime
- Jpa With Spring And Spring Data
- Spring MVC Architecture And Overview
- Rest With Spring MVC
- Spring Security
- Actuators, Metrics And Health Indicators
- Spring Boot Testing Enhancements
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.