Students are introduced to BIG-IQ, its interface, and its various functionality. We first look at administering and operating the BIG-IQ system itself, then detail how it is used to remotely manage BIG-IP devices running BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM).
We then look at configuring a BIG-IQ Data Collection Device (DCD) system and see how it is used for the remote storage and examination of BIG-IP log events and statistics.
Students are required to complete one of the following F5 prerequisites before attending this course:
- Administering BIG-IP instructor-led course
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
The following free web-based courses, although optional, will be very helpful for any student with limited BIG-IP administration and configuration experience.
These courses are available at F5 University(http://university.f5.com):
Getting Started with BIG-IP ▪ Getting Started with BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
The following general network technology knowledge and experience are recommended before attending any F5 Global Training Services instructor-led course:
- OSI model encapsulation
- Routing and switching
- Ethernet and ARP
- TCP/IP concepts
- IP addressing and subnetting
- NAT and private IP addressing
- Default gateway
- Network firewalls
- LAN vs. WAN
Delegates will learn how to
- The installation and setup of the BIG-IQ system
- An overview of the BIG-IQ product set and its approach to managing BIG-IP devices.
- Administering the BIG-IQ system and its facilities
- Managing BIG-IP LTM devices through their discovery and the subsequent central control and deployment of product objects used on these devices
- BIG-IQ and managed BIG-IP device troubleshooting steps
- BIG-IQ and managed BIG-IP device monitoring and reporting facilities
- The installation and setup of a BIG-IQ Data Collection Device (DCD)
Logging and examining BIG-IP LTM events via the BIG-IQ DCD
Setting Up the BIG-IQ System BIG-IQ Overview
- BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- BIG-IQ Components
- BIG-IQ Core Functionality
- BIG-IQ Data Collection Device
- BIG-IP Cloud Edition Administering the BIG-IQ System
- Controlling Access to the BIG-IQ
- Creating, Authenticating, Configuring Users
- Local Host Settings
- Configuring DNS, NTP, and SMTP
- Monitoring BIG-IQ, DCD, and BIG-IP Events with Alerts
- Monitoring BIG-IQ with iHealth
- Post Installation Issues; Licensing, Changing Management IP, Master Key, Restoring Backups
Managing BIG-IP LTM Devices
- BIG-IP LTM Device Discovery
- BIG-IP Device Backup
- Deploying to BIG-IP Devices
- Deployment and Deployment Logs
- Configuration Snapshots
- Managing BIG-IP Certificates
- Managing BIG-IP Licenses
- Monitoring BIG-IP Devices with iHealth
- Management of QKView Reports from Managed BIG-IP Devices
Setting Up the BIG-IQ Data Collection Device
SELECT FROM THE FOLLOWING COURSE TOPICS BASED ON THE ALLOTTED TIME
- Custom Role Types and Groups
- Managing BIG-IP Devices using Application Templates
- Managing BIG-IP ASM
- Managing BIG-IP AFM
- Managing BIG-IP AFM DoS
- Managing BIG-IP APM
- Managing BIG-IP DNS
- Monitoring BIG-IP DSC
- Administering BIG-IQ High
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.