Organisations are under increasing pressure to deliver value and manage risk. Effective IT governance, which includes implementing processes and organisational structures, is clearly required to ensure IT supports the organisation's overall strategy and objectives.
COBIT®5 was launched in 2012 and provides a globally accepted framework for businesses to govern and manage enterprise IT. The primary focus of the framework is to maximize the value of information by aligning business and IT strategies. COBIT 5 incorporates the most up to date techniques for governance and management by bringing together COBIT 4.1, Val IT and Risk IT into one single framework. The COBIT®5 Foundation course has been developed to allow anyone with an interest in governance to explore the key elements and principles of the framework.
COBIT®5 Foundation is ideal for assurance, security, risk, privacy and compliance professionals or business leaders and stakeholders who are involved in or affected by governance and management of information and information systems.
There are no specific prerequisites and anyone with a background or interest in, the governance or management of IT will find this course beneficial. In fact COBIT® meets the needs of a wide variety of stakeholders therefore this course may suitable for anyone that is involved in the delivery of IT services.
Delegates will develop an understanding of the key principles and terminology within COBIT®5. Specifically the delegate will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT®5
- The COBIT®5 Product Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT®5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT®5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise
- Understand the key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT®5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT®5 processes and the Process reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers
- Understand levels of IT-related risk and make informed decisions to reduce information security incidents.
- Deliver this understanding and risk awareness to improve prevention, detection and recovery within an organization.
- Provide tools for organizations to maintain high quality information to support business decisions.
- Help an organization to meet with regulatory and statutory or government requirements.
- Understand COBIT® approach to governance and its relationship with other IT best practices.
Please note - the exam is taken on the last day (day 3) of the course.