CMMC Certified Professional training course enables participants to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) model and its requirements. It is also a gateway for assessors and instructors, as it is a prerequisite to Certified Assessor Level 1, Certified Assessor Level 3, and Certified Instructor certifications.
By attending the CMMC Certified Professional training course, you will acquire knowledge about the structure of the CMMC model including CMMC levels, domains, capabilities, processes, and practices. In addition, you will develop the ability to understand, differentiate, and explain the relationship between the CMMC and the primary reference documentation such as FAR 52.204-21, DFARS 252.204-7012, DFARS 252.204-7019-7021, NIST SP 800-171, NIST 800-172, NIST 800-53, CUI Definitions and Guidelines from NARA and DOD, and CERT RMM. You will also be able to (a) identify, describe, and compare the roles and responsibilities of each member of the CMMC-AB ecosystem, (b) know what are the CMMC assessment methodology phases, (c) identify and mitigate ethical concerns based on CMMC-AB Code of Professional Conduct, and (d) define and determine the roles and responsibilities for Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
This training course will allow you to become a valuable asset for consultancy agencies, CMMC Third-Party Assessor Organizations (C3PAO), and organizations demanding CMMC trained resources.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for a “CMMC Certified Professional” credential.
There is no specific prerequisite for participating in this training course, however, it is recommended to have a general knowledge of cybersecurity and information technology concepts and principles.
Delegates will learn how to
This training course allows you to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the CMMC domains, capabilities, levels, processes, and practices of the CMMC model
- Acknowledge the correlation between CMMC model, FAR clause 52.204-21, DFARS clause 252.204-7012, NIST SP 800-171, and other standards and frameworks
- Acquire the ability to interpret the requirements of the CMMC model in the specific context of an Organization Seeking Certification (OSC)
- Obtain the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively implementing and managing the requirements of the CMMC model for the required CMMC level
- Acquire knowledge on the CMMC assessment methodology and process across all CMMC levels
This training course is intended for:
- Individuals interested in being part of the CMMC-AB ecosystem such as Certified Assessors and Certified Instructors
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the CMMC model and its requirements
- Individuals interested in providing consultancy services for the CMMC preparation
- Individuals working for suppliers of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Industrial Base (DIB) and for other organizations seeking CMMC certification
- Cybersecurity and technology consultants and CMMC assessment team members
- Day 1: Introduction to CMMC stakeholders, model, and level 1 practices
- Day 2: CMMC levels 2 and 3 processes and practices
- Day 3: CMMC levels 4 and 5 processes and practices
- Day 4: CMMC ecosystem roles and responsibilities, ethics, and assessment methodology
The “CMMC Certified Professional” exam fully meets the requirements of the CMMC-AB Body of Knowledge. It evaluates the participant’s knowledge of the CMMC model, its relevant supporting materials, applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and the CMMC-AB ecosystem. The “CMMC Certified Professional” exam covers the following knowledge areas:
- Knowledge area 1: Data Sources and Governance
- Knowledge area 2: CMMC-AB Ecosystem
- Knowledge area 3: Ethics
- Knowledge area 4: CMMC Model
- Knowledge area 5: CMMC Implementation
PECB is a Licensed Partner Publisher (LPP) authorized by the CMMC-AB to develop training courses based on CMMC-AB curricula and exam objectives. As such, the CMMC Certified Professional exam is developed and delivered by other third-party organizations that are part of the CMMC certification process.
For additional information on CMMC-AB Exams, please visit https://www.cmmcab.org/.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.