Reflective practice is an essential management tool which supports the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours in the work place. By consciously analysing your own performance, decision making, leadership and management skills (in different situational contexts); opportunities for on-going development can be identified. The aim of the programme is to equip you with the understanding of the value of reflective practice, and how reflection can be used as the basis of all meaningful personal and professional development.
If you’re a middle manager (managers of managers) wishing to develop your leadership skills whilst seeking an industry recognised qualification, or an experienced first line managers about to make the transition into middle management, this Level 5 Award is for you.
- Analyse the importance of continuous personal and professional development in achieving organisational objectives
- Evaluate the use of reflective practice in personal and professional development
- Evaluate approaches to reflective practice
- Identify your internal and external customers
- Evaluate your own performance in the workplace using principles of reflection
- Reflect on your own working style and its impact on others in the workplace
- Analyse development needs for current and future roles
- Specify development opportunities to meet short, medium and long term objectives
- Create a personal development plan with achievable, but challenging, objectives