First-line and middle managers across the UK have typically received little or no management training. Research conducted by QA in 2014 found that 82% of UK managers have no formal qualifications.
This qualification is designed to make a fundamental difference to the capability of you, as a manager and develop your skills to improve your performance as strong leadership and management is a key factor in fostering innovation, unlocking the potential of the workforce and ensuring organisations have the right strategies to drive productivity and growth.
It is a highly participative programme, using facilitated discussion, presentations, validated tools of self-assessment, case studies and group work. It promotes reflective review, and encourages you to find opportunities to apply the learning in the workplace.
While you don't need any formal qualifications to enroll on this programme, you'll benefit from it the most if you're a practicing or potential manager with at least two years full-time (or three years part-time) work experience.
Programme duration approx. 18 months, consisting of pre course work, 20 days’ classroom training, self-managed learning and completion of three assignments. Attending all the programme is mandatory to attain the relevant number of hours of study for this qualification.
If you have attended the CMI Level 3 Award and CMI Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management, you will be exempt from the first three workshops and assignments.
By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Identify your internal and external customers
- Effectively capture the voice of the customer
- Articulate your role in the provision of customer service
- Clarify customer requirements and expectations
- Rate your current performance against best practice
- Lead a motivated service excellence team
- Use goal setting and performance management to increase team commitment to service excellence
- Create internal service standards
- Know the purpose of presentations and the methods used to meet the needs of a target audience
- Understand how to plan, deliver and review presentations
- Understand what is required to be a successful presenter
- Be able to plan and deliver a presentation to a target audience
- Be able to reflect on the outcomes of the delivery of the presentation
- Understand the purpose of daily work activities in the context of an organisation
- Understand how to prioritise and set objectives for daily work activities
- Know how to organise and allocate work
- Understand how to monitor outcomes and respond to problems
- Increase your awareness of and access a wider range of leadership styles
- Develop powerful and authentic communication skills
- Understand the importance of trust and how it is underpinned by accountability
- Increase your self-awareness and self-management
- Improve your understanding of the impact of your behaviour on others
- Improve working in geographically dispersed and virtualised teams
- Improve your decision making and problem solving
- Improve your planning, organisation and prioritisation