With increasing pressure to produce better results with less resources, leadership and management capabilities are more important than ever so, being able to present the organisation’s vision, mission and strategy and is key to engaging team members to buy-into new ideas, or embrace new projects and opportunities. This means working efficiently, which is essential if an organisation is to remain competitive. A well-structured workload is key to individual and team success. All of this is within the context of understanding whom your customers are and what they require of you, your team and your organisation.
This professional qualification will develop your skills in a variety of areas to give you the confidence to lead your team through the spectrum of management challenges that can arise. It is highly participative, using facilitated discussion, presentations, validated tools of self-assessment, case studies and group work. It promotes reflective review, and encourages you to find opportunities to apply the learning in the workplace.
This programme will be suitable for you if you’re a first line or junior manager seeking an industry recognised qualification or, you’re an experienced supervisor and team leader wishing to improve your skills for your next management role.
Programme duration approx. 10 months, consisting of pre course work, 8 days’ classroom training, and completion of three assignments. Attending all the programme is mandatory to attain the relevant number of hours of study for this qualification.
This Certificate programme is the second in a series and, if you have attended the CMI Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, you will be exempt from the first workshop and assignment.
Managing customer service:
- Identify your internal and external customers
- Effectively capture the voice of the customer
- Articulate your role in the provision of customer service
- Clarify customer requirements and expectations
- Rate your current performance against best practice
- Lead a motivated service excellence team
- Use goal setting and performance management to increase team commitment to service excellence
- Create internal service standards
Presenting for success:
- Know the purpose of presentations and the methods used to meet the needs of a target audience
- Understand how to plan, deliver and review presentations
- Understand what is required to be a successful presenter
- Be able to plan and deliver a presentation to a target audience
- Be able to reflect on the outcomes of the delivery of the presentation
Managing daily activities to achieve results:
- Understand the purpose of daily work activities in the context of an organisation
- Understand how to prioritise and set objectives for daily work activities
- Know how to organise and allocate work
- Understand how to monitor outcomes and respond to problems