These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
Clustering and Association Modeling Using IBM SPSS Modeler (v18.1) introduces modelers to two specific classes of modeling that are available in IBM SPSS Modeler: clustering and associations. Participants will explore various clustering techniques that are often employed in market segmentation studies. Participants will also explore how to create association models to find rules describing the relationships among a set of items, and how to create sequence models to find rules describing the relationships over time among a set of items.
Experience using IBM SPSS Modeler
• A familiarity with the IBM SPSS Modeler environment: creating models, creating streams, reading in data files, and assessing data quality
• A familiarity with handling missing data (including Type and Data Audit nodes), and basic data manipulation (including Derive and Select nodes)
Delegates will learn how to
- Introduction to clustering and association modeling
- Clustering models and K-Means clustering
- Clustering using the Kohonen network
- Clustering using TwoStep clustering
- Use Apriori to generate association rules
- Use advanced options in Apriori
- Sequence detection
- Advanced Sequence detection
- Examine learning rate in Kohonen networks (Optional)
- Association using the Carma model (Optional)
1: Introduction to clustering and association modeling
• Identify the association and clustering modeling techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler
• Explore the association and clustering modeling techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler
• Discuss when to use a particular technique on what type of data
2: Clustering models and K-Means clustering
• Identify basic clustering models in IBM SPSS Modeler
• Identify the basic characteristics of cluster analysis
• Recognize cluster validation techniques
• Understand K-Means clustering principles
• Identify the configuration of the K-means node
3: Clustering using the Kohonen network
• Identify the basic characteristics of the Kohonen network
• Understand how to configure a Kohonen node
• Model a Kohonen network
4: Clustering using TwoStep clustering
• Identify the basic characteristics of TwoStep clustering
• Identify the basic characteristics of Two Step AS clustering
• Model and analyze a TwoStep clustering solution
5: Use Apriori to generate association rules
• Identify three methods of generating association rules
• Use the Apriori node to build a set of association rules
• Interpret association rules
6: Use advanced options in Apriori
• Identify association modeling terms and rules
• Identify evaluation measures used in association modeling
• Identify the capabilities of the Association Rules node
• Model associations and generate rules using Apriori
7: Sequence detection
• Explore sequence detection association models
• Identify sequence detection methods
• Examine the Sequence node
• Interpret the sequence rules and add sequence predictions to steams
8: Advanced Sequence detection
• Identify advanced sequence detection options used with the Sequence node
• Perform in-depth sequence analysis
• Identify the expert options in the Sequence node
• Search for sequences in Web log data
A: Examine learning rate in Kohonen networks (Optional
• Understand how a Kohonen neural network learns
B: Association using the Carma model (Optional)
• Review association rules
• Identify the Carma model
• Identify the Carma node
• Model associations and generate rules using Carma
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.