- System Administrators
- Software Developers, especially those in a Developer Operations (DevOps) role
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
- Hands-on Labs
- Background in either software development or systems administration
- Some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd or PowerShell in Windows)
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
Delegates will learn how to
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Auto Scaling from the command line
- Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources
- Build virtual private networks with Amazon VPC
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot common problems with instances
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Manage identity, AWS permissions, and security in the AWS Cloud
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tags, Amazon CloudWatch, and AWS Trusted Advisor
- Determine the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer
- Troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
System Operations on AWS is designed to teach those in a Systems Administrator or Developer Operations (DevOps) role how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. The course covers the specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment, as well as common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.