The interaction between a cloud environment and the existing network/administrative policies is one of the most challenging management issues to resolve. This is the domain of cloud administrators. They configure and maintain the cloud platform—and have to understand and master all aspects regarding cloud provisioning.
The Cloud Provisioning and Administration course enables Network, Systems, and Database Administrators to effectively operate in the cloud. This 2-day training program provides a hands-on, practical approach to cloud provisioning for administrators and touches upon all the aspects of administering cloud services. The training covers best practices on cloud administration. It is supported by major vendor technology solutions and covers Open Source, as well as global vendor standards. This is a professional level course and relevant to professionals with at least 2-5 years of experience as an Administrator. The course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Administrator (PCA) Certification from CCC.
The Cloud Administrator course will be of interest to:
- Network Administrators
- Systems Administrators
(Database Administrator Secondary Audience)
- Service Desk Managers
- Senior Operators
The Professional Cloud Administrator certification is the most recognised/respected professional certification provided by CCC. Professional certifications are awarded to candidates who have completed an approved certification-training program and have successfully passed the exam.. The CCC Professional Cloud Administrator exam is taken at the end of the final day of the course.
- Exam Format: Web based, Closed Book
- Question: 25 questions
- Pass score: 64% (16 correct answers)
- Duration: 75 minutes. For non-native speakers an additional 15 minutes is available.
- Proctoring: Live or webcam
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants hold the Cloud Technology Associate Certification (or its equivalent) from CCC and/or that participants are conversant with cloud concepts and vocabulary.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the course book. In addition, they also receive access to the ITpreneurs learning portal where additional reference material is available. The learning portal allows participants to stay in touch with the instructor and the other class participants for several months after the course. Most of the material is also accessible via tablets/computers.
Individuals certified at this level will have a demonstrated understanding of:
- Types of Cloud Environments: Cloud environment controls, hosting, ITO Outsourcing, CoLoc, Onshore, offshore versus cloud.
- Planning for cloud capacity: Policy management and third party management.
- Cloud Administration technology: Virtual networks, storage and computing, application management in the cloud.
- Security administration, compliance and certification.
- Cloud Provisioning: Capacity Management, Service Desk Management, cloud provisioning/ automation management.
- Course Introduction
- Cloud Resource Administration and Provisioning
- Cloud Scalability and Elasticity Administration
- Cloud Interoperability and Portability
- Strategic Policy Design for Cloud Usage and Compliance
- Business Continuity Strategies and Disaster Recovery for Cloud
- Cloud Security Fundamentals
- Federated Controls and Strategies for Multiple Cloud and Non-cloud Administration
- Performance Measures, Monitoring, and Optimisation in Production