The Internet of Things Foundation course provides an overview and insight into the emerging technology.
The course covers the basic concepts, terminology, and key components of IoT. It explains the business perspectives of IoT including the advantages of early adoption and monetisation models. It further expands on the technologies enabling IoT and the various challenges to expect. Several scenarios describe the use cases and applications of IoT that result in smart applications and services to inspire organisations making the move to IoT. The course provides future insights in IoT and forecasts the status of the connected world in 2020.
This interactive and thought provoking course includes:
- Group discussions.
- Lab activities to allow you to experience IoT applications: These are in-class lab exercises which will allow participants to experience IoT applications.
- Case scenarios around IoT
- Module End Questions
The Internet of Things Foundation course is most interesting for business and management professionals, including:
- Application Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Business Process Architect
- Developer Consultant
- Enterprise Architect
- Program / Project Manager
- Solution Architect
- System Administrator
- System Architect
- Technology Consultant
The CCC Internet of Things Foundation exam taken at the end of the final day of your course
- Delivery: Online
- Format: Closed Book
- Duration: 60 minutes, 15 minutes additional time for non-native candidates
- # of questions: 40 simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)
- Pass Grade: 65%
Basic knowledge of Internet concepts (Difference between Internet and Web, URL, Http/Https, DNS, etc.), Cloud Computing characteristics, Big Data concepts, Networking concepts (LAN/WAN/MAN, routers, protocols, topologies, etc.)
Recommended - Completion of the following courses:
- Cloud Technology Associate (CTA)
- Big Data Foundation
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define concepts and terminologies of IoT.
- Examine new devices and interfaces that are driving IoT growth.
- Relate to business perspectives of IoT (advantages of early adoption of IoT technologies).
- Predict implications of IoT for your business.
- Examine the role of enabling technologies for IoT, such as cloud computing and Big Data.
- Identify security and governance issues with IoT.
- Examine future growth opportunities of IoT in the coming years.
Course Introduction – Concepts and Terminologies
- Introduction: Internet, Things, and IoT
- IoT Types, History and Evolution of IoT
- Cyber-Physical Systems and Differences Among IoE, M2M, and IoT
- Facts and Figures Around IoT and IoT Application Areas
- Drivers of IoT
- Benefits of a Connected World
- IoT Business: Opportunities, Benefits, and Challenges
- IoT Monetization Strategies and Models
Basic Building Blocks of IoT – Architecture
- Architecture of IoT Components
- Network Protocols Within IoT
Enabling Technologies of IoT + Lab Activities
- Role of Social Media and Mobility in IoT
- Defining SMACT
- Role of Big Data and Analytics in IoT
- Role of Cloud Computing in IoT
IoT Security and Top Governance Issues
- IoT Security Challenges
- Causes of IoT Security Breaches
- IoT Security Risks
IoT Case Studies and Future Predictions
- IoT Usage Scenarios
- IoT Growth Perspectives
- IoT Future Predictions
Exam Preparation Guide
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.