Please note: Effective June 29th 2018 this course has been renamed from 'Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Microsoft Azure' to 'Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Services on Microsoft Azure'. Content remains the same.
Learn to deploy and manage your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops apps and desktops in Microsoft Azure. Gain the skills to plan your machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and get hands-on practice deploying those machines using Machine Creation Services. You will also learn about additional Azure considerations including maintenance and power management which are critical in a cloud environment. For remote access, you will learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on the Azure platform. This course focuses on Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud resource location however concepts are relevant to both Citrix Cloud and fully managed Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops sites.
Is this course for me?
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x in an on-premises environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects designing or deploying Citrix Virtual Apps
and Desktops workloads on Microsoft Azure.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.13 components and Citrix Cloud.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
- Experience deploying and managing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x in on-premises environment.
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
Delegates will learn how to
- Prepare the Azure environment for secure integration with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in Microsoft Azure using Machine Creation Services
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Resource Manager
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure
Module 1: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on Azure Overview
- Defining IAAS
- Citrix Virtual Apps and
- Desktops Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
Module 2: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
Module 3: Connecting to Microsoft Azure
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Host Connections to Azure
Module 4: Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Module 5: Providing Access to End Users
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Zones in Azure Regions
Module 6: Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Module 7: Plan for a Successful POC
- Planning your next steps