Please note: This course is currently under development by Citrix. A full schedule and course outline will be added as soon as possible. In the meantime please call for further information or to register interest.
Designed for experienced IT professionals this course builds on the foundational implementation and management skills introducing scalability, redundancy and security configurations. Students will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health and how to solve issues more effectively in the advanced troubleshooting section. Students will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-location environments with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, Cloud Connectors and HDX.
Is this course for me?
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
This course is currently on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1903
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
- CMB-318 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast-Track) OR CWS-215 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
Delegates will learn how to
- How to implement advanced administration concepts such as backups, disaster recovery, scalability and redundancy for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 Site
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7
- Security considerations and configurations for Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 site including multi-site management using zones
Module 1: Implementing Redundancy and Scalability
- StoreFront and Citrix Gateway
- Site Infrastructure
- Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
Module 2: Managing a Virtual Apps and Desktops Environment with Multiple Locations
- VDA Registration in a Multi-Zone Environment
- Zone Preference
- Optimal Gateway Routing and Zones
- Managing StoreFront Store Subscriptions in a Multi-Location Environment
- StoreFront and Citrix ADC Branding
Module 3: Implementing Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Considerations
- Disaster Recovery Process
Module 4: Implementing Advanced Authentication Methods
- Multi-factor Authentication - RADIUS & OTP
- Multi-factor Authentication - Smart Card Authentication
- Federated Authentication - ADFS, SAML, and FAS
Module 5: Improving App and Data Security
- Introduction to Application Security
- Preventing Jailbreak Attacks
- Minimizing the Impact of Attacks
Module 6: Securing Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
- TLS to VDA Encryption
- GPOs and Citrix Policies
- Image Management
Module 7: Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Methodology Process
- Resource Tools and Utilities
- Introduction to PowerShell
Module 8: Troubleshooting Access Issues
- Troubleshooting StoreFront
- Troubleshooting Citrix Gateway
Module 9: Troubleshooting Delivery
- Controller Issues
- Validating FMA Services
Module 10: Troubleshooting VDA Registration Issues
- Troubleshooting VDA Registration
Module 11: Troubleshooting HDX Connection Issues
- Troubleshooting HDX Connections