You will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health and how to solve issues more effectively in the advanced troubleshooting section. You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-location environments with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, Cloud Connectors and HDX.
Is this course for me?
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
- CMB-318 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast-Track) OR
- CWS-215 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud
Delegates will learn how to
- How to implement advanced administration concepts such as backups, disaster recovery, scalability and redundancy for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 Site
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7
- Security considerations and configurations for Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 site including multi-site management using zones
- StoreFront and Citrix Gateway
- Site Infrastructure
- Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
- VDA Registration in a Multi-Zone Environment
- Zone Preference
- Optimal Gateway Routing and Zones
- Managing StoreFront Store Subscriptions in a MultiLocation Environment
- StoreFront and Citrix ADC Branding
- Disaster Recovery Considerations
- Disaster Recovery Process
- Module 4: Implementing Advanced Authentication Methods
- Multi-factor Authentication - RADIUS & OTP
- Multi-factor Authentication - Smart Card Authentication
- Federated Authentication - ADFS, SAML, and FAS
Module 5: Improving App and Data Security
- Introduction to Application Security
- Preventing Jailbreak Attacks
- Minimizing the Impact of Attacks
- Module 6: Securing Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
- TLS to VDA Encryption
- GPOs and Citrix Policies
- Image Management
Module 7: Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Methodology Process
- Resource Tools and Utilities
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Troubleshooting StoreFront
- Troubleshooting Citrix Gateway
- Validating FMA Services
- Troubleshooting VDA Registration
- Troubleshooting HDX Connections
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.