In this expert level 5-day training course you will be exposed to advanced networking and Citrix ADC concepts and configurations. Through lecture, lab exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn to look critically at environment requirements, constraints, and business drivers to create a complex Citrix networking solution. Topics to be covered in this course include multi-site and multitenant deployments, advanced authentication and load balancing, and automation and orchestration and advanced troubleshooting. This training will also prepare you for the Citrix Certified Expert in Networking (CCE-N) exam.
Is this course for me?
Built for IT Professionals with extensive networking and Citrix ADC experience. This course is built for IT professionals who are responsible for defining the overall structure or architecture of a Citrix networking environment. This course encompasses advanced Citrix networking configurations and leading Citrix design principles.
This course is currently on Citrix ADC version 12.x, but is still applicable for learners of previous versions of the product.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
This course assumes that the student has significant networking and Citrix Networking experience. Citrix recommends a comprehensive understanding of basic and intermediate Citrix ADC features and functionalities. Proficiency in the topics covered in CNS-220; CNS-222; and CNS-320 is strongly recommended.
What you’ll learn
- How to identify and prioritize business drivers, constraints, and requirements using the Citrix Consulting methodology
- Assess environment requirements and learn to apply leading design principles to address them in a multi-site Citrix ADC deployment
- Apply advanced authentication and load balancing principles
Module 1: Networking Methodology and Assessment
- Understanding the Citrix methodology
- Business Drivers and Requirementrs
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
Module 2: Citrix Networking Deployment Architecture and Topology
- Multi-Site Deployments
- Multi Tennant Infrastructure
- Cloud Deployments
- High Availability
- Citrix ADC Double-Hop Scenarios
- Secure Web Gateway
Module 3: Advanced Authentication and Authorization
- Authorization Policies
- Access Policies
- Advanced Authentication Options
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- nFactor Authentication
- AAA Session Management
Module 4: Citrix ADC Security
- Pre-authentication and Endpoint Analysis Scans
- Protection against Layer 4-7 Attacks
- Web App Firewall
Module 5: Citrix Gateway Configuration Considerations
- ICA Proxy Configuration
- VPN Access
- Clientless Access
- Split Tunneling
- RDP Proxy Deployment and Configuration
Module 6: Advanced Load Distribution and Link Load balancing
- Advanced Load Balancing
- Advanced Load Balancing
- Link Load Balancing
- Firewall Load Balancing
- Microsoft Exchange Load Balancing
- Advanced Global Server Load Balancing
- Global Server Load Balancing Persistence
- DNS, Policies, Expressions, Actions, and Views
- GSLB Monitoring and Considerations
Module 7: Application Delivery Management Automation and Orchestration
- Application Delivery Management Outbound Traffic Dashboard
- Configuration Jobs
- Configuration Audit
- NITRO API
- StyleBooks (Net-new)