This course is to designed to provide advanced troubleshooting skills to investigate and resolve more complex issues that may occur while managing your Check Point Security environment.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Networking TCP/IP
- CCSE training/certification
- Advanced knowledge of Check Point Security products
Delegates will learn how to
Understand how to use Check Point diagnostic tools to determine the status of a network.
- Understand how to use network packet analyzers and packet capturing tools to evaluate network traffic.
- Become familiar with more advanced Linux system commands.
- Obtain a deeper knowledge of the Security Management architecture.
- Understand how the Management database is structured and how objects are represented in the database.
- Understand key Security Management Server processes and their debugs.
- Understand how GuiDBedit operates.
- Understand how the kernel handles traffic and how to troubleshoot issues with chain modules.
- Understand how to use the two main procedures for debugging the Firewall kernel and how they differ.
- Recognize User mode processes and how to interpret their debugs.
- Discuss how to enable and use core dumps.
- Understand the processes and components used for policy installs and processing packets in Access Control policies.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues that may occur with App Control and URLF.
- Understand how to debug HTTPS Inspection-related issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Content Awareness issues.
- Understand how IPS works and how to manage performance issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot Anti-Bot and Antivirus.
- Recognize how to troubleshoot and debug Site-to-Site VPNrelated issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Remote Access VPNs.
- Understand how troubleshoot Mobile Access VPN issues.
- Recognize how to use SecureXL features and commands to enable and disable accelerated traffic.
- Understand how the server hardware and operating system affects the performance of Security Gateways.
- Understand how to evaluate hardware configurations for optimal performance.
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Management Database and Processes
- Advanced Kernel Debugging
- User Mode Troubleshooting
- Advanced Access Control
- Understanding Threat Prevention
- Advanced VPN Troubleshooting
- Acceleration and Performance Tuning
- Monitoring Network Traffic
- Debugging Management Processes
- Exploring the Postgres and Solr Databases
- Troubleshooting Management Synchronization
- Analyzing Traffic Issues Using Kernel Debugs
- Debugging User Mode Processes
- Troubleshooting Application Control and URL Filtering
- Troubleshooting IPS
- Evaluating Threat Prevention Products
- Debugging Site-to-Site VPN
- Troubleshooting Remote Access VPN
- Testing Mobile Access VPN
- Evaluating SecureXL
- Modifying CoreXL
- Evaluating Hardware-related Performance
- Tuning and Software Optimization