This course is to designed to provide advanced troubleshooting skills to investigate and resolve more complex issues that may occur while managing your Check Point Security environment.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Networking TCP/IP
- CCSE training/certification
- Advanced knowledge of Check Point Security products
Delegates will learn how to
Understand how to use Check Point diagnostic tools to determine the status of a network.
- Understand how to use network packet analyzers and packet capturing tools to evaluate network traffic.
- Become familiar with more advanced Linux system commands.
- Obtain a deeper knowledge of the Security Management architecture.
- Understand how the Management database is structured and how objects are represented in the database.
- Understand key Security Management Server processes and their debugs.
- Understand how GuiDBedit operates.
- Understand how the kernel handles traffic and how to troubleshoot issues with chain modules.
- Understand how to use the two main procedures for debugging the Firewall kernel and how they differ.
- Recognize User mode processes and how to interpret their debugs.
- Discuss how to enable and use core dumps.
- Understand the processes and components used for policy installs and processing packets in Access Control policies.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues that may occur with App Control and URLF.
- Understand how to debug HTTPS Inspection-related issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Content Awareness issues.
- Understand how IPS works and how to manage performance issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot Anti-Bot and Antivirus.
- Recognize how to troubleshoot and debug Site-to-Site VPNrelated issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Remote Access VPNs.
- Understand how troubleshoot Mobile Access VPN issues.
- Recognize how to use SecureXL features and commands to enable and disable accelerated traffic.
- Understand how the server hardware and operating system affects the performance of Security Gateways.
- Understand how to evaluate hardware configurations for optimal performance.
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Management Database and Processes
- Advanced Kernel Debugging
- User Mode Troubleshooting
- Advanced Access Control
- Understanding Threat Prevention
- Advanced VPN Troubleshooting
- Acceleration and Performance Tuning
- Monitoring Network Traffic
- Debugging Management Processes
- Exploring the Postgres and Solr Databases
- Troubleshooting Management Synchronization
- Analyzing Traffic Issues Using Kernel Debugs
- Debugging User Mode Processes
- Troubleshooting Application Control and URL Filtering
- Troubleshooting IPS
- Evaluating Threat Prevention Products
- Debugging Site-to-Site VPN
- Troubleshooting Remote Access VPN
- Testing Mobile Access VPN
- Evaluating SecureXL
- Modifying CoreXL
- Evaluating Hardware-related Performance
- Tuning and Software Optimization
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.