The Check Point Certified Troubleshooting Administrator (CCTA) provides an understanding of the concepts and skills necessary to troubleshoot issues that may occur when managing the Check Point Security Management architecture and Security Gateways.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Networking TCP/IP
- CCSA training/certification
- Advanced knowledge of Check Point Security products
Delegates will learn how to
- An Introduction to Troubleshooting
- SmartConsole and Policy Management Troubleshooting
- Monitoring Logging Activity
- Troubleshooting Issues with NAT
- Understanding the Unified Access Control Policy
- Basic VPN Troubleshooting
- Monitoring ClusterXL Connections
- Understanding Identity Awareness
- Monitoring Security Gateway Traffic
- Troubleshooting Issues with SmartConsole
- Troubleshooting Log Connectivity Issues
- Investigating Log Connectivity Issues
- Investigating NAT Issues
- Troubleshooting General Traffic Issues
- Evaluating HTTP and HTTPS Traffic Issues
- Troubleshooting Site-to-Site VPN Issues
- Troubleshooting Clustering Issues
- Troubleshooting Identity Awareness
- Configuring and Testing Identity Collector
- Understand how to use Check Point resources for support.
- Understand how to perform packet captures using tcmdump and FW Monitor command tools.
- Understand the basic process of kernel debugging, and how debug commands are structured.
- Recognize how to use various Linux commands for troubleshooting system issues.
- Recognize communication issues that may occur between SmartConsole and the SMS and how to resolve them.
- Understand how to troubleshoot SmartConsole login and authentication issues.
- Understand how to prevent and resolve licensing and contract issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot issues that may occur during policy installation.
- Understand communication issues that may occur when collecting logs and how to resolve them.
- Recall various tools to use when analyzing issues with logs.
- Understand how to restore interrupted communications during heavy logging.
- Understand how NAT works and how to troubleshoot issues.
- Understand Client Side and Server Side NAT.
- Understand how the Access Control Policy functions and how the access control applications work together.
- Understand how to troubleshoot issues that may occur with Application Control and URL Filtering. • Understand how the HTTPS Inspection process works and how to resolve issues that may occur during the process.
- Understand how to troubleshoot Content Awareness issues.
- Recognize how to troubleshoot VPN-related issues.
- Understand how to monitor cluster status and work with critical devices.
- Recognize how to troubleshoot State Synchronization.
- Understand how to troubleshoot communication issues between Identity Sources and Security Gateways.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues with internal Identity Awareness processes.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.