This course provides an understanding of the advanced concepts and skills necessary to automate and orchestrate tasks relating to managing Check Point Security Policies.
Check Point CCSA training/certification
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the key drivers for incorporating automation and orchestration into security management
- Execute a shell script that demonstrates how to build a comprehensive Security Policy
- Recognize how the Check Point API framework integrates with R80 Security Management to support automation and orchestration of daily tasks
- Describe Check Point API tools and demonstrate how they are used to manage Check Point Security Management solutions
- Demonstrate how to define new objects and modify existing ones by using the Check Point API Demonstrate how to create API commands to efficiently maintain the Check Point Security Management Server database
- Demonstrate how to use different methods to update the database with API commands
- Become familiar with client-side and server-side scripting and scripting languages
- Understand how to use the Bash shell to develop APIs
- Recognize and describe many of the open source tools that are available to assist with API development
- Demonstrate how to use a custom REST application to update the database of a Security Management Server
- Demonstrate how to use Postman to manage the Security Policy database through the Check Point API
- Understand what steps to take to troubleshoot and debug API scripts
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting techniques by reviewing debugging messages in various forms Understand how to use self-service portal capabilities to provide general IT services
- Recognize how automation tools work with Check Point APIs to automate security management tasks and orchestrate workflow behind service portals
- Demonstrate common tasks that are automated in a Web portal to manage the Security Policy
- Introduction to automation and orchestration
- Check Point APIs
- API development
- API troubleshooting
- Self-service Web portals
- Demonstrate Check Point automation and orchestration
- Manage objects using the Check Point API
- Create a management API shell script
- Use a variety of methods to execute API commands
- Use a custom REST tool for API calls
- Use Postman for API calls
- Debug the Check Point management API
- Automate tasks using a Check Point API enabled Web portal
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.