- 8 hours of live instruction
- Peer discussions
- Knowledge checks and end-of-chapter quizzes
- Pre-and post-course assessments
- Applied scenarios
- Chapter-by-chapter study sheets with key points, terms and definitions
- Flash cards
- Exam voucher
Delegates will learn how to
- Domain 1: Security Principles
- Domain 2: Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR), & Incident Response Concepts
- Domain 3: Access Controls Concepts
- Domain 4: Network Security
- Domain 5: Security Operations
Chapter 1: Security Principles
- Module 1: Understand the security concepts of information assurance
- Module 2: Understand the risk management concepts
- Module 3: Understand security controls
- Module 4: Understand governance processes
- Module 5: Understand (ISC)² Code of Ethics
Chapter 2: Incident Response, Business Continuity (BC), and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Module 1: Understand incident response
- Module 2: Understand business continuity (BC)
- Module 3: Understand disaster recovery (DR)
Chapter 3: Access Controls Concepts
- Module 1: Understand access control concepts
- Module 2: Understand physical access controls
- Module 3: Understand logical access controls
Chapter 4: Network Security
- Module 1: Understand computer networking
- Module 2: Understand network threats and attacks
- Module 3: Understand network security infrastructure
Chapter 5: Security Operations
- Module 1: Understand data security
- Module 2: Understand system hardening
- Module 3: Understand best practice security policies
- Module 4: Understand security awareness training
Chapter 6: Course Summary and Exam Details
- Module 1: Work experience requirements
- Module 2: Scheduling the exam
- Module 3: Before the exam
- Module 4: After the exam
- Module 5: Exam Tips
- Module 6: Review
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.