This comprehensive course addresses testing in a DevOps environment and covers concepts such as the active use of test automation, testing earlier in the development cycle, and instilling testing skills in developers, quality assurance, security, and operational teams.
The course is relevant for every modern IT professional involved in defining or deploying a DevOps testing strategy for their organization, as test engineering is the backbone of DevOps and the primary key for successful DevOps pipeline to support digital transformation.
Actionable and exciting exercises will be used to apply the concepts covered in the course and sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques will be provided to leverage after the class.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Test Engineering exam.
The target audience for the DevOps Test Engineering course is anyone involved in defining a DevOps Testing strategy, such as
- Delivery Staff
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Lab Staff
- Maintenance and Support Staff
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Quality Assurance Teams
- Release Managers
- Software Engineers
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a certified DevOps Test Engineer (DTE). The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
The course fee includes the closed book, Online Proctored exam. Delegates will receive a voucher for this exam which they can sit, at their convenience, post course.
The DevOps Foundation certification is a prerequisite for DevOps Test Engineering to ensure participants are aligned with the baseline DevOps definitions and principles.
Delegates will learn how to
The learning objectives for DTE include a practical understanding of:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevOps testing
- How DevOps testing differs from other types of testing
- DevOps testing strategies, test management, and results analysis
- Strategies for selecting test tools and implementing test automation
- Integration of DevOps testing into Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery workflows
- How DevOps testers fit with a DevOps culture, organization, and roles
Course Objectives and Modules, Logistics
What is DevOps Testing and its Business Benefits?
Relation of DevOps testing to other test methodologies
DevOps testing best practices
- DevOps Testing Terminology
- Culture changes
- Organization changes
- Process and team friction
- Motivation strategies
- Measuring Success
- Continuous Evolution
What is the DevOps pipeline?
- DevOps Testing on the pipeline
- Test strategy choices
- Pre-Flight strategies
- Continuous Integration Testing
- System, Delivery and Customer Testing
- Test Environments
- Lab Management
- Topology orchestration
Test Automation Frameworks
- Test Tools
- Selection criterion
- Automated metrics
- Key concepts
Test Case Best Practices & Design Exercise
Test Suite Best Practices & Design Exercise
Principles of DevOps Management
DevOps Test Management Metrics
DevOps Management Tools
DevOps Test Results Analysis
Integrating DevOps Results Analysis
Test Management Exercise
Fictitious Product Test Requirements
Exam voucher -
can be used at any official exam centre on completion of your course
Please complete this form and we'll be in touch