Black Friday Deals – hurry, ends soon!
Please note the PECB Exam for this course is a remote proctored exam taken on the PECB proctor platform, delegates will receive an exam voucher and take the remote proctored exam after the course.
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to assist organizations in applying data protection laws and regulations.
A fundamental understanding of the GDPR and primary knowledge of the present data protection legal requirements.
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants seeking to prepare and support an organization in planning, implementing, and maintaining a compliance program based on the GDPR
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team
- Expert advisors involved in the security of personal data
- Technical experts and compliance experts seeking to prepare for a Data Protection Officer role
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the basic concepts and components of the Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the content of and the correlation between the General Data Protection Regulation and other regulatory frameworks
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques for the effective protection of personal data
- Interpret the data protection requirements and develop the expertise to support an organization in planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and maintaining a compliance framework with regard to the GDPR
Develop the competencies and knowledge necessary to lead all the processes to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organisation
Day 1 Introduction to the GDPR concepts, principles and processing activities
- Course objectives and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Core considerations for the GDPR
- Roles, obligations, and processing activities
Day 2 Initiating and planning the implementation of the GDPR Compliance Program
- Initiating the GDPR compliance program
- Prepare for the implementation of the GDPR compliance program
- Management approval
- Data protection policy
- Data mapping
- Risk assessment
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
Day 3 Deploying and Operating the GDPR Compliance Program
- Documentation management
- Training, awareness and communication
- Data protection controls
- Incident management
- Consent and subject access requests
Day 4 Monitoring and continual improvement of GDPR compliance
- Transfer of data
- Data protection and technology
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Corrective actions
- Continual improvement
- Competency, evaluation and closing the training
Remote PECB Proctored Exam
Results will be communicated by email in a period of 6 to 8 weeks, after taking the exam. The results will not include the exact grade of the candidate, only a mention of pass or fail. Candidates who successfully complete the examination will be able to apply for a certified scheme which is explained in the course description. In the case of a failure, the results will be accompanied with the list of domains in which the candidate had failed to provide guidance for exams’ retake preparation. Candidates, who disagree with the exam results, may file a complaint by writing to email@example.com or through PECB ticketing system.
The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements.
The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Data protection concepts, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and compliance measures
- Domain 2 Roles and responsibilities of the Data Controllers, Subcontractors, Processors and the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Domain 3 Technical and organisational measures for data protection