Are you ready to take the next step in your career by becoming a Certified Platform Developer 1? By covering the details around the exam objectives, this course will help hone your problem-solving skills and reinforce your knowledge of key topics. A mock exam at the end of the course will help you assess your readiness.
- A student attending this course should generally have one to two years of experience as a developer and at least six months of experience on the Force.com platform.
Who should attend?
- This course is intended for an individual who has experience developing and deploying basic business logic and user interfaces using the programmatic capabilities of the Force.com platform, including practical application of the skills and concepts noted in the exam objectives below.
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the structure of the exam and the exam’s objectives.
- List the most heavily weighted exam objectives.
- Describe key features of the Force.com programming languages, including: Apex, SOQL, SOSL, and Visualforce.
- Explain important Force.com concepts, such as the testing framework, governor limits, and the save order of execution.
- Explain the ALM of a Salesforce development project.
Introduction to the Course and the Exam
- Introduction to AW Computing
- Introduction to the Platform Developer 1 Certification
Database Modeling and Management
- Modeling data
- Managing data
Logic and Process Automation (Part 1)
- Working with Formulas and Rollup Summary Fields
- Working with Basic Constructs in Apex
- Working with SOQL
- Working with SOSL
- Working with DML
- Working with Exceptions and Governor Limits
Logic and Process Automation (Part 2)
- Working with Apex Classes
- Working with Apex Triggers
- Describing the Save Order of Execution
- Working with Visualforce Pages
- Working with Visualforce Controllers
- Working with the Lightning Component Framework
- Describing the Testing Framework and Requirements
- Creating Test Data and Tests
- Executing a Test
- Testing Considerations
Debug and Deployment Tools
Certification Preparation Resources
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.