Our Business Administration Level 4 Apprenticeship combines high-quality classroom training with online learning, coaching and on-the-job experience to develop real world skills.
It gives learners more advanced administrative skills to prepare them to take on more responsibility as they gain a higher level of management and business understanding.
The programme gives organisations the opportunity to provide a personal development plan for learners. This Level 4 programme enables learners to gain experience in key business areas, whilst building a solid foundation to progress their development.
Apprentices can continue their development further with additional learning opportunities available once they complete their apprenticeship through our portfolio of other learning solutions.
On successful completion of the programme the following qualifications are gained:
- City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- Minimum age 18
A Level in Business
- Or a Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in a similar subject
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject (180 credits)
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Apprentices need apprenticeship programmes that resonate with their day-to-day life. In keeping with this - we have innovated through technology and digital content creation to deliver a ‘high tech, high touch’ approach to blended learning.
High-quality learning content on the go. We deliver “mobile-first” education – this means learning can be accessed anytime, anywhere, on any device.
This programme teaches skills in:
- Personal and professional development
- Understanding organisations
- Managing the work of an administrative function
- Planning and implementing change
Empowering roles like:
- Office Manager
- Administration Team Leader
- Personal Assistant
- Senior Business Administrator
During the programme learners are required to spend 20% of time at work on off-the-job learning.
The knowledge modules in our Business Administration apprenticeship introduce the more advanced administrative skills learners need to take the next step with your organisation.
We deliver knowledge modules via a blended approach – your employee will attend classroom workshops, which are supported by online learning before and after their face-to-face learning with our expert educators.
As part of their programme learners will complete:
- Seven knowledge modules - introducing advanced business theory and fundamentals, through a combination of online learning and practical classroom workshops.
- Competency modules to do in the workplace to further develop their administrative skills.
- Online learning supports both the knowledge and competency modules, this is completed after each unit.
The knowledge modules included in this programme are:
Module 1: Personal and Professional Development
- Understand how people learn and adapt teaching style for maximum effect.
- Produce personal and professional development plans for other workers.
- Evaluate personal and professional development and recommend improvements
Module 2: Understanding Organisations
- Understand the relationship between external forces and business organisations.
- Conduct PESTLE analysis to understand the various facets of organisations.
- Assess external influences and affects on an organisation.
Module 3: Effective Communication in Business
- Apply tone and style to written communications for maximum effect.
- Employ advanced verbal and non-verbal communications strategies.
- Solicit and apply feedback to improve communications.
Module 4: Planning and Managing Customer Service
- Understand the relationship between effective customer service and attaining organisational goals.
- Implement performance management to raise customer service standards.
- Identify and resolve problems with customer service delivery.
Module 5: Planning and Implementing Change
- Understand the need for managed organisational change and how it is performed in business environments.
- Develop the leadership and management skills required to drive successful change.
- Evaluate and improve the change management process.
Module 6: Resource Management
- Understand the roles, activities and processes involved in resource management across a range of organisation types.
- Employ various techniques to plan and control resource deployment successfully.
- Prepare, control and report on budgets attached to resource usage.
Module 7: Business Ethics
- Understand the principles, values and development of business ethics.
- Discover how corporate social responsibility (CSR) affects business decisions and the wider community.
- Appreciate the role of ethics in maintaining and improving workplace relationships.
There is a range of optional modules available so the programme can be tailored to suit job roles and learning objectives.
For more information download the handout
NOTE: this programme is only available in England.
To contact us for more information please fill in the form below.