Students in this course are interested in Microsoft 365 development platform or in passing the Microsoft 365 Developer Associate certification exam. Students should also have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a basic understanding of REST APIs, JSON, OAuth2, OData, OpenID Connect, Microsoft identities including Azure AD and Microsoft accounts, Azure AD B2C, and permission/consent concepts.
- Students should have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a basic understanding of REST APIs, JSON, OAuth2, OData, OpenID Connect, Microsoft identities including Azure AD and Microsoft accounts, Azure AD B2C, and permission/consent concepts.
- It is recommended that students have some experience developing solutions on Microsoft Teams, Office Add-ins, or SharePoint Framework through all phases of software development.
Delegates will learn how to
- Implementing Microsoft Identity
- Working with Microsoft Graph
- Determining workload platform targets
- Integration Points, including Microsoft Teams, Office Add-ins, and SharePoint Framework
Module 1: Implement Microsoft Identity
In this module, you will learn to implement Microsoft identity including registering an application, implanting authentication, configuring permissions to consume an API, and creating a service to access Microsoft Graph.
- Microsoft Identity platform
- Register an Application
- Implement Authentication
- Configure Permissions to consume an API
- Implement Authorization to consume an API
- Implement Authorization in an API
- Create a Service to access Microsoft Graph
Lab : Implement Microsoft Identity
- Registering an application in azure active directory
- Implementing Authentication
- Configuring permission to consume an API
- Implementing authorization to consume an API
- Implementing authorization in an API
- Creating a service to access Microsoft Graph
Module 2: Work with Microsoft Graph
In this module you will learn how to access user data, explore query parameters, manage a group lifecycle, access files, and optimize network traffic using Microsoft Graph.
- What is Microsoft Graph
- Access user data from Microsoft Graph
- Data usage with query parameters
- Manage a group lifecycle on Microsoft Graph
- Access files with Microsoft Graph
- Optimize network traffic
Lab : Work with Microsoft Graph
- Querying User Data from the Microsoft Graph
- Using Query Parameters when querying Microsoft Graph via HTTP
- Retrieving and controlling information returned from Microsoft Graph
- Creating an Office 365 Group and Team
- Uploading files to OneDrive and SharePoint
- Using Change Notifications and Track Changes with Microsoft Graph
- Reducing traffic with batched requests
- Understanding throttling in Microsoft Graph
Module 3: Extend and Customize SharePoint
In this module you will learn about SharePoint Framework web parts, extensions, and how to package and deploy a SPFx solution.
- SharePoint Framework web parts
- SharePoint Framework extensions
- Package and deploy a SPFx solution
- Consumption of Microsoft Graph
- Consumption of 3rd party APIs secured with Azure AD from within SPFx
- Web Parts as Teams Tabs
- Branding and theming in SharePoint
Lab : Extend and Customize SharePoint
- Introduction to SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
- Working with the web part property pane
- Creating SharePoint Framework Extensions
- Creating a Command Set Extension
- Creating a Field Customizer Extension
- Deploying a SharePoint Framework Solution
- Calling Azure AD Protected 3rd Party REST APIs
- Deploying SPFx Solutions to Microsoft Teams
Module 4: Extend Teams
In this module you will look at the components of a Teams App, work with webhooks, tabs, and conversational bots.
- Microsoft Teams App
- Webhooks in Microsoft Teams
- Tabs in Microsoft Teams
- Messaging extensions in Microsoft Teams
- Conversational bots in Microsoft Teams
Lab : Extend Teams
- Understanding the components of a Teams App
- Working with webhooks in Microsoft Teams
- Creating tabs in Microsoft Teams
- Understanding messaging extensions
- Understanding conversational bots
Module 5: Extend Office
- Office Add-ins
- Office JS APIs
- Customization of Add-ins
- Testing, debugging, and deployment options
- Actionable message
Lab : Extend Office
- Understanding fundamental components and types of Office Add-ins
- Understanding customization of Add-ins
- Understanding actionable messages
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
This course features in the following learning path:
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.