The Devops movement is bold enough to believe there is a better way of building teams and software that has rapidly spread across the development and operations community. The culture of a DevOps organisation and team is the heart of the movement and the most important pillar to implement.
In this three day course you will explore the origins of the movement, the building blocks of Agile and LEAN and the cultural changes you and your organisation will need to adopt to become a successful DevOps team.
In a blended mixture of theory, hands on, workshops and the use of tools such as JIRA you will learn how to plan, organise and work in an atmosphere of collective responsibility.
This course also supplies delegates with a copy of 'The Phoenix Project - A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win', an informative bible for those wanting to know more about how to embrace DevOps in their business.
Delegates would benefit from an understanding of the principles of software engineering and application deployment. The course is designed for anyone working in a DevOps environment
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of this course you will understand:
- How culture and behaviour affects your progress
- Where silos come from and how to break them
- Fostering accountability
- Working in an Agile and LEAN way
- Identify waste and bottle necks through Value Stream mapping
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Deliver through Extreme Programming
- Creating an agile workflow
- The foundations of Test Driven Development
- Reclaiming failure & Building for success
- Defining metrics
- Embedding and optimising Agile behaviour using Agile tools such as JIRA and Trello