This course covers the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to the Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering. It is relevant to anyone working within a business or information systems domain, who requires an understanding of the nature, definition and use of good quality requirements.
There are no requirements, but candidates should have some practical experience of business analysis.
Delegates will learn how to
Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding and application of Requirements Engineering principles and techniques in the following areas:
- The Requirements Engineering framework; the issues and rationale in a business context; the application of the framework.
- The hierarchy of requirements.
- Roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the Requirements Engineering framework.
- Requirements elicitation.
- Requirements modelling.
- Requirements documentation.
- Requirements analysis.
- Requirements validation.
- Requirements management.
Each major subject heading in this syllabus is assigned and allocated a percentage of study time. The purpose of this is:
The course will cover the following topics:
Requirements Management (10%)