Organisations are continually looking for ways to develop staff skills in a fast and cost-effective way - and to be assured of a return on their investment in training by seeing their staff acquire recognised and comprehensive qualifications, ultimately equipping their staff with a highly-relevant, highly adaptable skillset.
THIS IS AN INTENSIVE 10-DAY RESIDENTIAL COURSE designed to provide delegates with a broad range of knowledge and skills needed to take on a Business Analysis role.
You will cover the two core courses, with associated written exams (Business Analysis Practice and Requirements Engineering), one knowledge-based course (Commercial Awareness currently) with associated multiple-choice exam and one practitioner course (Modelling Business Processes), also with a written exam. Due to the nature of the course, delegates should expect some evening work comprising case study exercises and revision for examinations.
All examinations (the four in-course exams plus the Oral Exam which you will take at a later date) and examination fees are included in the course fee. QA is confident that the quality of the training and coaching provided by QA trainers during this course is second to none and that most candidates will pass examinations at the first attempt. In the event of a delegate failing a written examination, they will have the opportunity to retake one examination free of charge.
Delegates may take the final oral examination after passing the fourth and final exam. The oral examination must be taken within 12 months of receiving the final written exam result.
Accommodation is included from arrival Monday to departure Friday for both weeks. The Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings in between the course weeks are available at an additional charge.
COURSE START/END TIMES
Course start and end times for this course are detailed below.
• Days 1 and 6 - 10.30-17.30
• Days 5 and 10 - 09.00-16.30
• All other days - 09.00-17.30
- If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam.
- For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable, or for more information about the BCS reasonable adjustments policy, please contact your Account Manager or the QA Examination Administration team on 44 (0)1793 696273
- The BCS also allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose business language is not English. Candidates can request this additional time in line with the reasonable adjustments policy
- If you believe you qualify for this, please contact our exam administration team (01793 696273) as early as possible. At least three weeks' notice will be required for processing this request and delegates failing to advise QA and provide proof if requested by the BCS, may not be allowed the additional support offered via this BCS policy.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand the role of the Business Analyst and the organisational context in which the role is undertaken
- work with senior business and IT staff to investigate, analyse and model business activities and problems and recommend appropriate solutions
- understand the requirements engineering process and work with requirements stakeholders and others to ensure requirements are complete, unambiguous, realistic and testable
- model and evaluate business processes
- sit all of the examinations required to gain the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Evaluating a Financial Case
- Budgeting, Costing and Pricing
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Market analysis and competitive advantage
- Organisational behaviour and culture
- Group formation
- Principles of organisational structure
- Operating models
- Business Analysis rationale
- Understanding the strategic context
- Project discipline for Business Analysis studies
- Understanding the situation/issues
- Analysing stakeholder perspectives
- Analysing and modelling business activities
- Identifying potential solutions
- Making the business case
- Context for Business Process Modelling
- Organisational model of processes
- Modelling the Business Processes
- Documenting tasks
- Evaluating and improving Business Processes
- Transition from process modelling to requirements definition
- Requirements Engineering in context
- Requirements stakeholders and elicitation
- Organising and analysing requirements
- Use of models in requirements engineering
- Requirements documentation
- Requirements validation and management
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Commercial Awareness
- Business Analysis Practice
- Modelling Business Processes
- Requirements Engineering
The BA Diploma Oral exam is also included in the course fee. Upon successful completion of all the written exams candidates will be sent information on upcoming Oral exam dates. QA will book the Oral exam on the delegate's behalf.
Please note, the Oral exam is not conducted during this Business Analysis Fast Track course. The four exams must be passed before the Oral exam can be taken.
In addition, you may choose to take QA's oral exam preparation workshop - BAORALSPW, BCS Business Analysis Oral Examination Preparation Workshop - before taking the oral exam. Please Click Here for further information.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.