This four-day course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. In this course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to manage compliance, and create management queries and reports.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Delegates will learn how to
In this course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, this includes the following:
- Describe the features of Configuration Manager, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory.
- Analyse data by using queries and reports
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site
- Explain how Configuration Manager addresses the challenges of managing systems and users in today’s enterprise.
- Describe the Configuration Manager architecture.
- Describe the management tools that you use to perform administrative functions for Configuration Manager.
- Describe the tools that you use to monitor and troubleshoot a Configuration Manager site.
- Create boundaries and boundary groups that help create logical network locations containing computer devices that you need to manage in your Configuration Manager infrastructure.
- You will also learn about the discovery processes that you can use to identify computers, users, and the network infrastructure within your network environment.
- You can install the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (Configuration Manager) client software on windows-based devices such as servers, workstations, and laptops. You then can manage these devices.
- You will then learn about collections that support logical groupings of resources.
- Identify what is inventory collection?
- Implement management tasks that use inventory data.
- Configure the processes of inventory collection.
- Configure software metering.
- Create and run queries
- Configure Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager integration with Microsoft SQL reporting services
- Describe Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager CMPivot and its uses
- Review the content distribution and management features, configure distribution points, and learn how to distribute and monitor content.
- Create a single deployment for Windows-based clients and mobile devices that provides different installation options depending on specifically defined conditions.
- Use additional features, such as state-based reporting and detection methods to create intelligent deployments.
- Learn about the methods for creating, deploying, and managing applications with Configuration Manager.
- Learn to use the Software Center to install available applications.
- Implement an end-to-end management process for the complex task of identifying, deploying, and monitoring Microsoft and third-party software updates to your Configuration Manager clients.
- Identify scenarios in which you can deploy operating systems by using Configuration Manager, including when you are working with new systems or when you are upgrading existing ones. Operating system deployment uses both Configuration Manager and Windows components to manage and deliver operating system images.
- Deploy an operating system
- Create and deploy task sequences
- Learn to implement role-based administration by using security roles, security scopes, and collections.
- Learn how to implement and use remote control, remote desktop, and remote assistance.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.