This course teaches the knowledge, skills and practical experience required to set up and configure a basic Aruba WLAN utilizing the OS 8.X architecture and features. Using lecture and labs, this course provides the technical understanding and hands-on experience of configuring a single Mobility Master with one controller and AP Aruba WLAN. Participants will learn how to use Aruba hardware and ArubaOS to install and build a complete, secure controller network with multiple SSIDs. This course provides the underlying material required to prepare candidates for the Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA) V8 certification exam.
Delegates will learn how to
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Explain how Aruba's wireless networking solutions meet customers’ requirements
- Explain fundamental WLAN technologies, RF concepts, and 802.11 Standards
- Learn to configure the Mobility Master and Mobility Controller to control access to the Employee and Guest WLAN
- Control secure access to the WLAN using Aruba Firewall Policies and Roles
- Recognize and explain Radio Frequency Bands and channels, and the standards used to regulate them
- Describe the concept of radio frequency coverage and interference and successful implementation and diagnosis of WLAN systems
- Identify and differentiate antenna technology options to ensure optimal coverage in various deployment scenarios
- Describe RF power technology including, signal strength, how it is measured and why it is critical in designing wireless networks
- Learn to configure and optimize Aruba ARM and Client Match features
- Learn how to perform network monitoring functions and troubleshooting
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.