This immersive, advanced-level, 4.5-day course covers all aspects of how to architect for the AWS Cloud. Covering topics from Architecting on AWS and Advanced Architecting on AWS, this course is intended to teach you how to design cloud architectures, from small-scale designs to large-scale, enterprise-level designs. Starting with the Well-Architected Framework, you will also learn important architecting information for AWS services. These include: compute, storage, database, networking, security, monitoring, automation, optimization, benefits of decoupling applications and serverless, building for resilience, and understanding costs. It’s also recommended for learners who are preparing for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam.Target Audience
This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects who are new to designing and building cloud architectures
- Data Center Architects who are migrating from on-premises environment to cloud architectures
- Other IT/cloud roles who want to understand how to design and build cloud architectures
This course uses a mix of:
- Classroom lectures and discussion
- Hands-on labs
- Hands-on Activity
This course allows you to apply new skills and knowledge through practical exercises including creating the data layer with Amazon S3, creating the compute (Amazon EC2) and database (Amazon RDS) layer, creating the network layer (Amazon VPC). Additional labs build on these layers to include high availability protection, scalability, and automation. Students experience going serverless and the benefits of Lambda/API Gateway. A final lab shows how to recover from a disaster to get the applications running again.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing, which can be learned in AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking concepts such as VPNs, routing, subnets/gateways, segments, and user permissions
- Familiarity with and knowledge of multi-tier architectures and distributed systems
Delegates will learn how to
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Use AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Use AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
- Use the Well Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions
This course covers the following concepts:
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Networking with AWS
- Core AWS concepts, knowledge, and services, including designing your environment and making your environment highly available
- Event-driven scaling
- Building for resilience
- Serverless designs
- Data security
- Advance networking topics
- How to grow your architecture from small to extremely large
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.