The appraisal of staff is a fundamental part of the manager's or supervisor's role. Appraisal and feedback systems not only help organisations to review individual job performance, they also enable staff to identify and manage their own developmental needs. This course will help you conduct appraisal sessions which promote a motivated, engaged and loyal workforce.
You will benefit from this course if you are a manager who wants to learn how to run effective appraisals and give constructive feedback.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- agree performance targets and personal objectives with individuals
- prepare personal training and development plans with your staff
- state the methods available for ensuring and evaluating an individual's performance
- use effective questioning skills
- demonstrate active listening skills in the context of staff appraisal and feedback
- review how to give objective feedback based on performance
- manage performance problems and improve the effectiveness of an individual.
- The purpose and importance of appraisals.
- The appraisal process.
- The benefits of an appraisal.
- Objective setting.
- What to do before an appraisal.
- The Horns and Halo effect.
- Effective questioning.
- Active listening.
- Body language.
- Closing the meeting.