This is a performance based learning course. Delegates will initially receive access to an online training resource that will include all of the materials and associated content. Once delegates have completed their online course, they will be invited to attend one of a number of workshops held at a QA training centre to participate with others in a series of facilitated exercises to help consolidate their learning.
The purpose of this highly immersive course is to help students to understand how Agile techniques can help teams to employ an iterative and incremental approach to all projects that reaps rewards with better quality products and a quicker time to market. Using Agile planning tools will aid and influence the development of the customer requirements. User stories are a way of handling customer requirements that focus on value to customers and users, which can be decomposed into smaller items for flexibility. This is a core Agile technique and delegates will benefit from practicing the new skills required to do it effectively.
This course is intended for people who have mastered the basics of an Agile approach such as Scrum, DSDM, or Extreme Programming.
Certification, or equivalent experience, as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scrum Developer, or Agile Project Manager is not required.
- Write requirements as user stories that are focused on value to customers
- Understand the key ingredients of user stories that allow a development teams to estimate and decompose stories
- Become familiar with techniques for decomposing stories, eg slicing
- Understand how to refine and evolve a Product Backlog
- Estimate using relative estimation with story points
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Product Backlog best practices
- Relative estimation using story points
- Measuring a team's velocity
QA reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of its customers without notice to the customer.