Please note: Due to the current situation with Covid 19 the APMG are enabling your exam to be taken virtually. Your exam will therefore be scheduled for the same day and time as it would for a classroom event. QA’s exam administration team will place the booking with APMG. APMG will then email delegates directly confirming the details of the exam session and provide the relevant information the delegates will require in order to access their exam on the day.
Organizations of all kinds can no longer afford to ignore or react too slowly to the increasing pace of change that is happening today, particularly in business and public sector environments.
We don't just want you to pass the exams, we want to make you and your digital services great. That's why our 5-day AgileDS Foundation and Practitioner course is different.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the AgileDS methodology with our unique interactive learning
- Go beyond the AgileDS methodology during the course to become a more effective service delivery manager
- Keep up to date with the profession and industry thought leaders with a 12 month subscription to the Agile Business Consortium resources
About your course
Based on the Digital Service Standard, created by the UK Cabinet Office to support implementation of the UK Government digital strategy. Focused on ensuring that needs are met with key design principles of ‘start with user needs’ and ‘build services not websites’. The standard is well tried, proven to work, and drawing increased attention from other countries and is an established centre of excellence in digital technology and data.
This three-day accredited course provides participants with an in-depth look how the DSDM Agile Digital Services framework is used to deliver and maintain digital services and a Practitioner-level examination of how a project manager applies the framework.
Presented by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
Delegates should be prepared to set aside time to revise for the Practitioner exam, in the evenings after the course lecture finishes. This includes studying the course Handbook, and working through sample exam questions.
The course is aimed at the following groups
- Practising project managers.
- Agile team members working in a Digital Services environment who wish to become Agile Project Managers.
- Agile team members working in a Digital Services environment who wish to become more effective team members.
- AgileDS Foundation certified individuals.
Delegates must already be qualified at APMG AgileDS Foundation level and will need to provide evidence on day-one of the course.
The Practitioner course is intended for anyone who expects to have a management or leadership role in an Agile project and is specifically built to support anyone who needs to apply the DSDM Digital Service framework in a business environment. Delegates are expected to have experience of team leading, project management, or project assurance/support. This course is not aimed at delegates new to project management and Agile.
Delegates are expected to already own the latest copy of the Agile Digital Services Handbook and be conversant with its content. The Handbook must be brought to the course.
Proof of identity
Delegates must bring signed photo ID on any APMG exam (passport, driving license or student card) as they will be asked by the invigilator to produce it prior to the exam. Delegates must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found on the APMG International website
- Understand and apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile Digital Services in a project situation
- Understand and appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile Digital Services project to a given scenario
- Produce and evaluate the content of Agile Digital Services products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario
- Understand the Agile Digital Services techniques and their benefits and limitations (Facilitated Workshops; MoSCoW prioritisation; Iterative Development; Building Incrementally; Timeboxing; User Needs; User Experience)
- Identify and apply the Agile Digital Services techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile Digital Services project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario
- Understand the mechanisms for planning, control and governance of an Agile Digital Services Project which are specific to an Agile project.
- Understand in outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile and Digital Services project.
- Describe the Agile Digital Services approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile and Digital Services project from a given scenario
AgileDS Practitioner – 3 days
- The Digital Service Standard
- Principles in Practice
- Applying the Digital Services Lifecycle
- User Research
- Applying Requirements and User Stories
- Employing Prioritisation Appropriately
- Roles and Responsibilities – Leading and managing the team
- Planning, Control and Governance
- Employing Sprints
- Applying Quality Assurance
- Scaling and Configuring the Agile Digital Services Framework
- Practitioner Exam