“Time is the most valuable coin in your life. You and you alone will determine how that coin will be spent. Be careful that you do not let other people spend it for you.” – Carl Sandburg, American writer
People often ask us:
- How can I manage my time more effectively?
- How can I get more done each day?
- How can I be more productive?
- How can I feel less stressed and more on top of my work?
- How can I achieve a better work/life balance?
This half day WebEx is designed to introduce you to very powerful time management processes and practices that will help you in considering how you currently set your priorities, how you might manage competing priorities and, in turn, improve how you use your time.
Time management is really about self-management and self-leadership. The question, then, is how good are you at managing yourself? If time seems to be out of your control, then the first thing you need to do is analyse how you spend your time at work.
Throughout this WebEx you will have an opportunity to analyse your habitual time management behaviours. As you do, you'll become more aware of what your time management habits are and whether they help or hinder you. There will also be a common thread which incorporates a greater understanding of time management for ‘me', ‘we' and ‘us'!
- If you currently have a to-do list, please bring an example of this to the session. If not, use the template provided in your invitation to create a to-do list for today or tomorrow
- Complete the time log provided for a full 8hr working day in 30 minute intervals and complete the instructions in document
- Think about what you would like to improve about your time management
- Greater productivity and efficiency
- A better professional reputation
- Feel less stressed
- Ensure greater opportunities to achieve important life and career goals
What will the course cover?
- Time management techniques and tools
- Analyse data from your Time Management Log to discover your time management habits
- Why you are being deflected from your priorities?
- Effective delegation
- Your personal values, your bosses’ values and the organisation’s values
- Short, medium and long term planning