This Course is designed to enhance the skills of an iSeries system operator and develop additional skills in the areas of work management,
CL Programming and menu creation.
This course is designed for those individuals who are resonsible for operating and managing the operation of an iSeries Server.
You should be able to:
- Perform Basic system operations
- Describe an interactive job and a Batch job
- Use Help Facilities
- Describe basic security concepts
- Monitor Devices
- Initial Problem determination.
All this pre-requisite knowledge can be obtained by attending the System Operators Workshop (AS24BGB).
On completion you will be able to:
- Secure specific objects
- Describe how the system manages storage
- Create a basic CL program
- Create menus using the Screen Design Aid (SDA)
- Describe the features and capabilities of Management Central
- Makes changes to the system that simplify operations
- Describe the backup, availability and recovery capabilities available on the iSeries.
- Introduction and a brief review of the System Operators Workshop (AS24BGB)
- Resource Security
- Work Management and Performance
- Introduction to PDM and SEU
- Menu creation using the Screen Design Aid
- Tips for Improved Operation
- Management Central
- Backup, Availability and Recovery
- Problem Determination.