“Presentation skills are key. People who work for you represent your brand. You want them to present themselves - and represent you - in a certain way.”
Marc Benioff - CEO and Founder of Salesforce
What delegates say
“I really enjoyed this class, I was dreading attending at first. But has uplifted my confidence and normally I hide away from presentation group work. I think I was also lucky with the group I was in, we all wanted each other to succeed as much as ourselves.”
“This was the best course I have ever attended I have plenty to take away to help me in my career and day to day presenting.”
“Brilliant content and found the sections on structure of presentations so useful - questions THEN summary and close - so effective!
“The trainer definitely knew his stuff and delivered the course at the highest standards. He helped me to learn more effectively and also provided constructive feedback during the course.”
About this course
Business audiences today demand increasingly high quality presentations and make major decisions on the basis of those presentations. Being able to present skillfully, powerfully and influentially is a key capability for people in many roles in organisations, especially at senior management and executive levels.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- How do I structure my presentation in a persuasive way?
- How do I create real ‘presence’ when presenting?
- How do I connect with my audience?
- How do I use words powerfully to connect, persuade and influence?
- How create the maximum impact through my presentation and visuals?
Using a highly participative approach, as well as leading-edge ideas around maximizing personal and presentation impact, this course will stretch you to shift from being a good presenter to a great presenter.
Delegate numbers are limited to 6 to ensure everyone has enough practice time, as well as detailed feedback from the facilitator and fellow participants. Presentations are videoed to provide additional valuable feedback.
All of our trainers are experts in their field and have many years’ experience in delivering excellence in presentation skills.
This course is aimed at those who are already experienced in presenting and want to take their skills to the next level, for example to:
- Make sales or client presentations
- Pitch ideas to colleagues and stakeholders
- Make boardroom presentations
- Present to staff and colleagues
- Give conference and roadshow presentations
- Give keynote speeches
- Talk to the public or the media
If you are less experienced, or new to delivering presentations, our Present with Impact (MPDPWI) course is likely to be a better fit for you.
- You’ll be asked to bring along two prepared business presentations, using any format you wish. Both presentations must be between 9 and 10 minutes long. If using an electronic format, you should, ideally, bring their own equipment, e.g. a laptop, or your presentations on a memory stick. A projector will be provided.
- You’ll also be asked to research examples of presentations that you find particularly engaging, these can be from Ted Talks (www.ted.com), YouTube or similar, or even from watching a colleague give a presentation at work. You will need to be ready to discuss why you found them engaging. You’ll not need to bring a copy with you, but if it’s online, bringing the link may be useful.
You will learn how to:
- Create and deliver memorable presentations
- Create a clear sense of purpose for your presentation
- Use storytelling to enthuse your audience
- Engage your audience in your subject
- Field challenging questions confidently
- Create a compelling structure for your presentations
- Develop your own personal style
- Enhance your presentation skills through powerful feedback
What will the course cover?
1. Welcome and domestics
3. Purpose and storytelling
4. Optional topic 1
5. Preparation for your first presentation
6. Delivery of your first presentation and feedback
7. Review, wrap-up and homework
1. Review of yesterday’s presentation
2. Engaging and enthusing your audience
3. Optional topic 2
4. Fielding challenging questions
5. Compelling structure
6. Preparation for your second presentation
7. Delivery of your second presentation and feedback
8. Action planning
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.