Special NoticesIf both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
This 3 day course will focus on the detailed analysis and troubleshooting of typical network protocols and applications with specific focus on switched Ethernet, TCP/IP networks and TCP/IP based applications.
- Basic understanding of Network Fundamentals and TCP/IP operation 'Networking & TCP/IP Fundamentals (NWF)'
- Completion of 'Packet Analysis with Wireshark Analyzer (PAW)'
Delegates will learn how to
Participants will acquire knowledge and experience about detailed analysis and troubleshooting of typical network protocols and applications with specific focus on switched Ethernet, TCP/IP networks and TCP/IP based applications.
Switched Ethernet analysis
- Spanning Tree operation and Spanning Tree analysis
- Analyzing VLANs, VLAN-Tagging
TCP/IP analysis of the network layer
- IP addressing
- Typical IP scenarios
- IP options
- ICMP, ARP and DHCP
TCP/IP analysis of the transport layer
- TCP functions
- Session Setup, Data Transfer and Session Teardown
- Window Mechanism and Window optimization
- TCP options (SACK, Window Scaling) and TCP timers
- UDP functions
Analyzing TCP/IP with Wireshark
- Wireshark preferences for advanced TCP/IP analysis
- Typical TCP/IP related problems
- Wireshark Expert Info messages and their meanings