This five-day course, which is designed to build off of the current Junos Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of virtualization, AppSecure, advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) deployments, Layer 2 security, and Sky ATP.
This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1.
Advanced Junos Security (AJSEC) is an advanced-level course.
Students should have a strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
Delegates will learn how to
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Junos Security course.
• Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
• Implement features of the AppSecure suite, including AppID, AppFW, AppTrack, AppQoS, and SSL Proxy.
• Configure custom application signatures.
• Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
• Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
• Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
• Use Junos debugging tools to analyze traffic flows and identify traffic processing patterns and problems.
• Describe Junos routing instance types used for virtualization.
• Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
• Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
• Utilize Junos tools for troubleshooting Junos security implementations.
• Perform successful troubleshooting of some common Junos security issues.
• Describe and discuss Sky ATP and its function in the network.
• Describe and configure UTM functions.
• Discuss IPS and its function in the network.
• Implement IPS policy.
• Describe and implement SDSN in a network.
• Describe and implement user role firewall in a network.
• Demonstrate the understanding of integrated user firewall.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
• Transparent Mode Security
• Secure Wire
• Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
• Lab 2: Implementing Layer 2 Security
Chapter 3: Virtualization
• Virtualization Overview
• Routing Instances
• Logical Systems
• Lab 3: Implementing Junos Virtual Routing
Chapter 4: AppSecure Theory
• AppSecure Overview
• AppID Overview
• AppID Techniques
• Application System Cache
• Custom Application Signatures
Chapter 5: AppSecure Implementation
• SSL Proxy
• Lab 4: Implementing AppSecure
Chapter 6: Working with Log Director
• Log Director Overview
• Log Director Components
• Installing and setting up Log Director
• Clustering with the Log Concentrator VM
• Administrating Log Director
• Lab 5: Deploying Log Director
Chapter 7: Sky ATP Theory
• Sky ATP Overview
• Monitoring Sky ATP
• Analysis and Detection of Malware
Chapter 8: Sky ATP Implementation
• Configuring Sky ATP
• Installing Sky ATP
• Analysis and detection of Malware
• Infected Host Case Study
• Lab 6: Instructor Led Sky ATP Demo
Chapter 9: Implementing UTM
• UTM Overview
• Content and Web Filtering
• Lab 7: Implementing UTM
Chapter 10: Introduction to IPS
• IPS Overview
• Network Asset Protection
• Intrusion Attack Methods
• Intrusion Prevention Systems
• IPS Inspection Walkthrough
Chapter 11: IPS Policy and Configuration
• SRX IPS Requirements
• IPS Operation Modes
• Basic IPS Policy Review
• IPS Rulebase Operations
• Lab 8: Implementing Basic IPS Policy
Chapter 12: SDSN
• SDSN Overview
• SDSN Components
• SDSN Configuration
• Policy Enforcer Troubleshooting
• SDSN Use Cases
• Lab 9: Implementing SDSN
Chapter 13: Enforcement, Monitoring, and Reporting
• User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall Overview
• User Role Firewall Implementation
• Monitoring User Role Firewall
• Integrated User Firewall Implementation
• Monitoring Integrated User Firewall
• Lab 10: Configure User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall
Chapter 14: Troubleshooting Junos Security
• Troubleshooting Methodology
• Troubleshooting Tools
• Identifying IPsec Issues
• Lab 11: Performing Security Troubleshooting Techniques
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
• Branch SRX Platform Overview
• High End SRX Platform Overview
• SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
• SRX Interfaces
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.