Project management methods, of which PRINCE2® is the paradigm, offer the project manager a tried and tested structure and guidance in support of 'what, when, where and who', with two notable exceptions; PRINCE2® offers very limited guidance on 'why' and 'how', in that there are no detailed project management tools and techniques covered as part of the method. This is the remit of the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2® Practitioners course and examination.
This three-day course provides delegates with comprehensive knowledge and understanding to prepare them for the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification examination. It recognises the prior learning that a PRINCE2® Practitioner has attained by removing from the examinable syllabus, topics that would have already been assessed within the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam.
This eLearning course is intended for project managers and aspiring project managers with at least two years project experience and who hold a current PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification. Delegates should have experience of working in a project environment and have a basic understanding of project management issues.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this timeframe.
Delegates who attend this course are expected to have a minimum of 2 years' experiece in managing projects.
At the end of this eLearning course you will be able to:
- Describe the management structure by which projects operate
- Explain the structure of project lifecycles
- Examine contexts and environments in which projects are delivered
- Define governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Plan and manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Recognise the importance of stakeholder management
- Apply project management planning techniques for success
- Describe project scope management
- Define and develop scheduling and resource management
- Prepare for effective project procurement
The APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2® Practitioners eLearning course follows the syllabus provided by APM, which is built around the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition. The eLearning course provides delegates with a detailed understanding of the underpinning tools, techniques and principles that are fundamental to successful project delivery.
Contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered
- Organisation, project office
- Life cycle models, extended life cycle
- Operations management, programme management, portfolio management, project environment, Health and Safety
- Governance of project management, role of structured methods in project governance
Communication within project management
- Importance of effective communications, communications within projects, communications plan
- Conflict management, negotiation
- Leadership, motivation, leadership styles
- Characteristics of teams and teamwork, creation, development and management of teams
Planning for success
- Information Management
- Estimating techniques
- Earned Value Management
- Stakeholder management
- Scope management, requirements management
- Time scheduling, Critical Path Analysis, Gantt charts, resource scheduling, Resource Smoothing and Levelling
- Budgeting and cost control
- Procurement in projects, procurement strategy, contracts and contractual relationships, provider selection and management
- Exam included
- Exam preparation aids
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.