Project management methods, of which PRINCE2® is the paradigm, offer the project manager a tried and tested structure and guidance in support of 'what, when, where and who', with two notable exceptions; PRINCE2® offers very limited guidance on 'why' and 'how', in that there are no detailed project management tools and techniques covered as part of the method. This is the remit of the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2® Practitioners course and examination.
APM qualifications are aligned to the International Project Management Association (IPMA) Four-Level-Certification system, where the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification is recognised at IPMA Level D. This three-day course provides delegates with comprehensive knowledge and understanding to prepare them for the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification examination. It recognises the prior learning that a PRINCE2® Practitioner has attained by removing from the examinable syllabus, topics that would have already been assessed within the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam.
This eLearning course is intended for project managers and aspiring project managers with at least two years project experience and who hold a current PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification. Delegates should have experience of working in a project environment and have a basic understanding of project management issues.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this timeframe.
At the end of this eLearning course you will be able to:
- Describe the management structure by which projects operate
- Explain the structure of project lifecycles
- Examine contexts and environments in which projects are delivered
- Define governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Plan and manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Recognise the importance of stakeholder management
- Apply project management planning techniques for success
- Describe project scope management
- Define and develop scheduling and resource management
- Prepare for effective project procurement
The APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2® Practitioners eLearning course follows the syllabus provided by APM, which is built around the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition. The eLearning course provides delegates with a detailed understanding of the underpinning tools, techniques and principles that are fundamental to successful project delivery.
Contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered
- Organisation, project office
- Life cycle models, extended life cycle
- Operations management, programme management, portfolio management, project environment, Health and Safety
- Governance of project management, role of structured methods in project governance
Communication within project management
- Importance of effective communications, communications within projects, communications plan
- Conflict management, negotiation
- Leadership, motivation, leadership styles
- Characteristics of teams and teamwork, creation, development and management of teams
Planning for success
- Information Management
- Estimating techniques
- Earned Value Management
- Stakeholder management
- Scope management, requirements management
- Time scheduling, Critical Path Analysis, Gantt charts, resource scheduling, Resource Smoothing and Levelling
- Budgeting and cost control
- Procurement in projects, procurement strategy, contracts and contractual relationships, provider selection and management