Candidates will receive their online eLearning registration details up to 48 hours after purchase. To Note: eLearning packages are valid for a period of 12 months from registration being issued.
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is the best-practice, proven and internationally accepted approach to the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management.
MSP Practitioner Re-Registration is for anyone who passed their original MSP Practitioner exam a minimum of three years before your exam date and wish to keep their 'Registered' status up-to-date. NOTE: prior to 2007, MSP Practitioner was called 'Intermediate'.
The MSP Practitioner Re-Registration certification is set at the same level as the MSP Practitioner qualification. The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to determine whether a delegate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to apply the guidance to their own work and, hence, act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment. Delegates should be capable of applying the MSP guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within an environment that uses MSP.
This MSP Practitioner eLearning exam package comprises:
- The QA-authored and fully accredited MSP Practitioner eLearning module
- Access to a MSP expert throughout the duration of the learning via email
- Official MSP Practitioner mock examinations. Whilst the MSP Practitioner Re-Registration exam is only 3 questions from the syllabus, this eLearning provides exam questions covering all syllabus areas for maximum preparation.
- MSP Practitioner Re-Registration examination
All delegates booking this course will need to purchase a copy of the 2011 MSP Manual. This is available to buy - ISBN number: 9780113313273.
Upon booking your course, you will receive a QA Unique Access Key (UAK) and receive your course material to begin your learning. You will be required to register their product prior to use.
- You should have passed your original MSP Practitioner exam a minimum of three years before your exam date. NOTE: prior to 2007, MSP Practitioner was called 'Intermediate'.
- MSP Practitioner is suitable for project managers, BCMs, experts and advisers working within a programme office and other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance together with those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers). This level is also suitable for SROs.
- You are advised to check you have the correct technical system requirements to run this eLearning product. The technical requirements are at the following link: https://www.qa.com/training-courses/qa-authored-elearning/qa-authored-elearning-spec
- Product registration requires an internet connection and takes only a few minutes to complete
Accreditation and Examinations
- You must bring photographic identification to sit their exam (passport, driving license or work badge are acceptable) as it is an examination requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification may result in you not being able to sit your exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable, please contact your Account Manager, the QA Examination Administration team on 44 (0)1793 696273 or email us at: email@example.com.
- To book your exam, if within the UK, we have 26 locations across the country. If outside the UK, online exams may be provided. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- You will need to provide evidence that you have passed your Pracitioner examination prior to sitting your re-registration examination. Please bring your candidate number and/or certificate to your course to show the invigilator. If you cannot provide your candidate number and/or certificate, please contact us on 44 (0)1793 696135
The MSP Practitioner Re-Registration exam consists of:
- 3 questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 30 marks
- 'Objective Test Examination' format - a style of complex multiple-choice examination.
- 1 ¼ hours duration
- Candidates may use their official MSP manual only
- Candidates require a minimum of 15 marks (50%) to pass
By successfully passing the MSP Practitioner Re-Registration exam, you retain your 'Registered Practitioner' status.
MSP Practitioner eLearning
This fully accredited eLearning course provides you with a thorough understanding of the MSP programme management methodology, providing you with the skills needed to confidently use MSP to manage programmes in line with strategic aims of a business and its day to day running. The course includes tutor support, examination practice and your Practitioner exam.
You will be able to test what you have learned and review recorded scores. During this period you will have access to a QA subject matter expert by email.
The performance of a successful MSP Practitioner delegate is that delegates need to exhibit the competences required for the Foundation qualification and show that they can apply the MSP guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within a programme environment.
Specifically, successful candidates should be able to:
- Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP Programme
- Explain and apply each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes and their activities
- Explain the relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles
- Produce and evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents). Know facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- Understand how each governance theme relates to the Principles
- Understand the approach to the treatment of each governance theme
- Appreciate how each governance theme is applied throughout the Transformational Flow
- Understand the responsibilities involved in each governance theme
- Apply and tailor the relevant aspects of each governance theme to a scenario, when creating or reviewing products or making decisions related to each theme, in any or all of the processes
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme throughout a programme scenario.
MSP Philosophy and structure
What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
Relationship between the MSP Principles, Governance Themes and the Transformational Flow.
The 7 MSP Principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding Value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP Governance Themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The Business case
- Risks and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
Viewing the MSP Practitioner eLearning product and attempting all the exercises that we recommend will take approximately 15 hours with some additional reading. Throughout the learning, references for recommended reading are provided, and as everyone learns at different paces, this study duration is guidance only - but that is not to say you can't do it as many times as you like within your twelve month period!
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS