This eLearning course will provide you with a thorough understanding of the internationally-recognised and best practice programme management methodology Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), providing the skills you need to confidently use MSP to work within a programme.
By the end of this module you will have the skills to be able to identify the vision of a programme, thus aligning it to the strategic aims of the business. You will also be able to coordinate the projects of a programme to ensure the correct application of resources and risk, issue and change management. You will also be able to interface with the day to day business to ensure the smooth transition of changes delivered by a programme into business as usual activity and ensure that the benefits that the programme is designed to deliver are achieved.
You should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
Proof of identification:
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Ful details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
At the end of this eLearning course you will be able to:
- understand the facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- understand how each governance theme relates to the principles
- understand the approach to the treatment of each governance theme
- appreciate how each governance theme is applied throughout the transformational flow
- understand the responsibilities involved in each governance theme
- apply and tailor the relevant aspects of each governance theme to a given scenario
- identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme in a given scenario
- apply MSP in an exam environment
At the end of your course there will be a mock test to help you further prepare for your examination.
MSP philosophy and structure
What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the transformational flow.
The 7 MSP principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP governance themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP® Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
can be used at any official exam centre on completion of your course