This MSP course will provide participants with a thorough understanding of the internationally recognised and best practice programme management methodology Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), providing the skills needed to confidently use MSP to work within a programme.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this timeframe.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This online product is based on the MSP 4th Edition which is still a valid version even with the 5th Edition having already been released.
You should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- Understand how each governance theme relates to the principles
- Understand the approach to the treatment of each governance theme
- Appreciate how each governance theme is applied throughout the transformational flow
- Understand the responsibilities involved in each governance theme
- Apply and tailor the relevant aspects of each governance theme to a given scenario
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme in a given scenario
- Application of MSP in an exam environment
MSP philosophy and structure
What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the transformational flow
The 7 MSP principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP governance themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP® Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
This video based product includes an online ExamShield examination.
ExamShield is PeopleCert’s live online proctoring service for test takers taking exams remotely.
Upon request our QA exam team will email over details of your exam code and instructions on how to book your remote exam through PeopleCert.
- ExamShield exams require government issued Identification Document, with your First/Middle Name(s) and Last Name in English (Latin) characters, including a photograph and date of birth, such as a National ID card, Passport, driving license, military card or social security card, as your online proctor will need to verify your ID as being the same used for registration before you begin your exam.
We recommend you to read the following available documentation regarding PeopleCert’s online exams procedure:
- Exam Registration instructions: https://www.peoplecert.org/candidate-registration
- Online proctoring guidance (Windows): https://www.peoplecert.org/exams-peoplecert-online-proctoring-windows
- Online proctoring guidance (macOS): https://www.peoplecert.org/exams-peoplecert-online-proctoring-mac
- Exam included
- Exam preparation aids
MSP® certification paths
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.