The ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) course is one of the four courses that fit into the capability stream for ITIL certification.
This certification is intended to enable the holders of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to acquire the skills needed to begin the practical application of the concepts, covered by this course, in support of the Service Management lifecycle.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this timeframe.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a practical understanding of the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Operational staff involved in Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem Management, Access Management and the Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application functions who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
Possession of one of the following:
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to the BCS. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy
BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
The Operational Support and Analysis Course provides in-depth practical advice and guidance on process structure, roles, functions and activities that will enable role focused capability and competency in relation to:
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- The Service Desk
- Technical Management
- IT Operations Management
Please be aware, this course also provides 35 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
The main focus of the course is covered by the Service Operation volume of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). The core volume of Service Operation provides guidance on the day to day management of the ICT Infrastructure. It is also contributes to the Service Management Lifecycle for carrying out those processes which contribute to the optimisation of the services provided.
Recommended study time for this course, including any additional reading is approximately 35 hours.
This Video Based product includes a Web Proctored examination.
- A live online proctoring service for test takers taking exams remotely.
- Upon request our QA exam team will email over details of your exam code and instructions on how to book.
- Web Proctored exams require photographic identification at the time of taking your exam, this can be in the form of a passport, driving licence or a work ID, which would need to include your name and a photograph.
Please note: candidates are required to give 72 hours' notice when choosing a date and time to book their exam (if scheduling less than 72 hours in advance a small fee would be incurred)
To test your PC/Laptop specifications are correct, and to read the FAQs, following the link below: