Office Advantage Subscription Overview
- Do you know all the ways Microsoft Office can make your life easier?
- Do you sometimes wonder how to do pivot charts in excel, add animation to a PowerPoint presentation, or do a mail merge in Word?
- Do you see other people’s documents and wonder how they managed to make it look the way it does?
- When Microsoft launches a new version of Office, do you continue to use it in the same way as the previous version?
Office Advantage is a series of one-hour live, virtual sessions providing overviews of key topics in Microsoft Office 2007and 2010, as well as explaining new productivity tools and features in new versions. Sessions will include demonstrations from our Microsoft Office experts, as well as hands-on activities for you to complete.
Your 12 months subscription will allow you to join four different sessions running every month. Along with your booking confirmation, you will be provided with your full login details, which will allow you to access the virtual environment where you will be able to obtain information on the topics available and confirmed schedule timings.
Sessions will generally run the third Wednesday of the month, at the following times:
- 09.30 - 10.30
- 11.30 - 12.30
- 13.30 - 14.30
- 15.30 - 16.30
Example sessions will include
Office 2010 – Hints and Tips
- The Office 2010 Interface, File Version Features, File Security Options, Enhanced Print Options, New Picture Tools, New Charting Tools, SmartArt Graphics, Office Themes
What’s new in Excel 2007
- New General Features, New Templates, File Types, New Formatting Features, New Formula Features, New Analysis Features, New Proofing Features
What’s new in PowerPoint 2007
- New General Features, New Formatting Features, New Content Features, New Conversion Features
What’s new in Word 2007
- New Formatting Features, New Content Features, New Proofing Features, New Conversion Features
- Overview of Formula Creation, Use Relative and Absolute Cell References in Calculations, Calculate with Basic Functions
Data Analysis using PivotTables and PivotChards in Excel 2007
- Build and Manipulate a PivotTable, Change the PivotTable View, Customise PivotTable Fields, Set PivotTable Options, Perform PivotTable Calculations, Create and Modify a PivotChart
Working with Data in Excel 2007
- Create and Modify Tables, Sort Data, Filter Data, Use Subtotals, Apply Table Summary Calculations
Styles and Themes in Word 2007
- Create Custom Themes, Create Custom Text Styles, Create Custom List Styles)
Track Changes in Word 2007
- Modify User Information, Modify Track Changes Options, Insert Comments, Compare and Merge Documents, Review Tracked Changes
Use Animation in PowerPoint 2007
- Add Multimedia Elements, Apply Slide Transitions, Apply Custom Animation
Working with Slide Shows in PowerPoint 2007
- Use Hyperlinks and Action Buttons, Create Custom Shows, Annotate a Presentation, Set A Slide Show to Run Automatically
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.