VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed any time, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers.
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
- VCP Certification Exam Voucher
This hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end users.
Purchase this On Demand course and receive a free VCP Exam voucher to use toward certification.
- VMware Horizon 7
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to allow Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Identify VMware Horizon components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon® Client™ systems
- Configure and manage pools of physical and virtual machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone desktops
- Configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
- Configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of desktops and applications
- Use Horizon Administrator to configure the VMware Horizon environment
- Configure secure access to virtual desktops
- Use VMware User Environment Manager™ to manage user personalization and application configurations
- Describe steps to deploy profile management
- Use VMware App Volumes™ to provision and manage applications
- Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment