This course provides you with a thorough grounding in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework. It is comprised of a Foundation-level introduction to the framework, and an in-depth Practitioner-level examination of how a project manager applies the framework. Developed by skilled trainers with extensive experience in the practical application of project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
The Practitioner course is intended for anyone who expects to have a management or leadership role in an Agile project and is specifically built to support anyone who needs to apply the DSDM Project Management framework in a business environment. Delegates are expected to have experience of team leading, project management, or project assurance/support.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exams are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exams within this timeframe.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Set up an Agile project
- Identify appropriate people for Agile roles
- Define Increments and Timeboxes to keep a project on track
- Manage a Solution Development Team
- Communicate with business stakeholders in a project environment
- Use Agile techniques, including prioritisation of requirements, to ensure on-time project delivery,
- Present the benefits of Agile approaches to senior management
- Identify risks to delivery of projects managed using the DSDM Agile approach
- What is Agile? And why use DSDM?
- Philosophy, Principles, and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- The DSDM Process
- The People - DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control Throughout the Lifecycle
- Other Practices - Iterative Development, Facilitated Workshops, Modeling and Prototyping
- Roles and Responsibilities - the project manager's view
- Agile Project Management through the Lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on Time - Combining MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- People, Teams, and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating - How and When
- Project Planning throughout the Lifecycle
- Quality - Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
Projects are undertaken in a unique environment. You are introduced to the factors that shape that environment.
- Differences between a project and business as usual
- Purpose and core components of project management and the benefits of effective project management
- Programme and portfolio management
- Project environment and the PESTLE acronym
- Use and phases of a typical project life cycle and reasons for structuring projects into phases
- Roles and responsibilities of: project manager, project sponsor, project steering group/board, project team members, project office and end users
- Project Management Planning
You are introduced to the principles and techniques of effective project planning from the outset.
- Purpose and the typical content of a business case, including benefits
- Purpose and production of a project management plan
- Stakeholders, stakeholder management and stakeholder analysis
- Estimating methods (including analytical, comparative, parametric), estimating funnel,
- Success criteria, success factors and the use of KPIs
- Purpose and benefits of project reporting
- Project scope management, including product and work breakdown structures and Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM) with RACI
- Configuration management and change control
- Different approaches to scheduling (including critical path analysis, Gantt (bar) charts, baselines and milestones)
- Resource management
- Procurement within the context of project management
- Risk management and issue management
- Project risk management process and the use of a risk register
- Issue and issue management and the use of an issue log
This video based product includes an online ProctorU examination.
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service for test takers taking exams remotely.
Upon request our QA exam team will email over details of your exam code and instructions on how to book through ProctorU.
ProctorU exams require photographic identification at the time of taking your exam, this can be in the form of a passport, driving licence or a work ID, which would need to include your name and a photograph.
Please note: candidates are required to give 72 hours' notice when choosing a date and time to book their exam (if scheduling less than 72 hours in advance a small fee would be incurred)
TEST YOUR PC/LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS: To test your PC/Laptop specifications are correct click onto the following http://www.proctoru.com/testitout/
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Access to FAQs can also be found through https://www.proctoru.com/faq.php